I’m Gonna Zap that Zit Right off of My Face

Edited to add: Discount, discount, I’ve got your discount!!! My gracious Thermaclear contact has set up a special coupon code for you my lovely readers for a 25% off discount – the code is BLONDEMOM and it is effective until September 4. Just apply the code when you check out at the Thermaclear website.

I’ve written before about being in complexion purgatory…well entrenched in my 30s, yet still sporting teenage acne, or zips, as Miss C calls them. Anti-aging eye cream and benzoyl peroxide make strange bedfellows, but both share space in my bathroom drawer. Now if only my abs would rebel like a hormonal teenager and revert to the days when I could wear a pair of lycra bike shorts and do them justice. That would be a cool trick.

When I was asked to try out the Thermaclear acne treatment system I was excited to give a serious skincare system a test drive. The acne clearing gel, which is actually more of a cream consistency, has been great at clearing up my skin without drying it out. The cleansing pads didn’t do much for me, but I’m an old school Sea Breeze girl. I do love the clarifying cleanser, though.

The piece de resistance of the Thermaclear system, however, is an FDA approved hand held device that enables you to apply a pulse of heat on a pimple. If you have a red angry pimple flare up on your cheek and you’ve got a once-in-a-lifetime job interview in a few days or you’ve scheduled lunch with an old friend, better yet an old boyfriend, this little device is a lifesaver. Just apply the heat sensor for two seconds (you can use it 1 to 3 times in a 24-hour period). It does give you a little zing if set on the high heat setting, but frankly it’s worth it to help clear up your acne in half the time. Also, if you want to get really cheesie you can give it the ole “blow the smoke off your gun” move once you’ve used it. Too bad it doesn’t come with a holster.

Of course I’m an every day sort of mom on a daycare/diaper budget so it would take some convincing for me to fork over $149.95 for a skincare gadget like this. But if you are willing to spend the money, it’s a great product that you can use without a prescription. The acne clearing gel is a more mom budget realistic $17.95 and it is definitely worth it.

1. nap warden says:

FYI, I just battled a blemish this weekend. I mashed up an asprin added a dab of water and put it on my unwelcome guest (I read somewhere that it helped). I felt silly, but it worked!

It is expensive, but is the same price as the Zeno product that is out on the market. But I’m amazed at what people will spend on beauty products.

Then again I just bought new Loreal lipstick at Walgreens yesterday because it was buy one get one free so that tells you how much I spend on my beauty regimen. 😉

3. Filtering Life says:

I hear you lady. There is something so so so wrong about being in your 30’s struggling with zits and crows feet…come on…cut me a frickin break!

very cool, I’d seen that before and wondered if it was worth any kind of money. Do they have something for cellulite? I’d spend 200 dollars on that.

5. Jill says:

I was also in “zip” hell until shortly after my 35th birthday. Suddenly, all the “zips” went away. It’s rare that I ever get one, but now I have other issues to deal with like dry skin and crows feet.

6. Renee says:

I SO needed this post today. I’m in the market to get Anna some acne products. I ended up ordering something called Murad Acne Complex. I’m crossing my fingers that it works.

Hey ya’ll…I wanted to share this info from the PR rep who sent me the Thermaclear products to try out and review…it sheds some light on the actual cost.

The Zeno device actually costs up to 33% more than ThermaClear, depending on the model and where you buy it (some Zeno

8. Sally says:

Wow. I could really use this on two zits I’m battling right now.

Too bad I didn’t see this post a year ago. Any chance you can see if your contact at thermaclear can make this discount available again?
    Thanks.

9. Pimple Treatment says:

Kinda interest me on how you used zit.. LOL’d on that one. Girls like us think about acne more than men, I think they don’t even care about it. What I’m pointing is , I think we should not dwell on those zits too much.

10. QHWCTWNWDLCPRWSACR says:

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you can take away me from that service? Thanks!