Playing Doctor

No, no, it’s not what you think.

I thought I’d share another peaceful vignette from our pastoral life. This is a prime example of the mini heart attacks the girls can induce, although nothing beats the time Miss C the 2-year-old gleefully ran away from me toward a busy strip mall parking lot when I was about 9 months pregnant with Miss A and everything went all slow motion on me, but not in a good superhuman Bionic Woman sort of way.

Any way, just yesterday morning I was snuggling (awwww) with Miss C.

Miss C, we need to clean your ears with a Q-tip. (I’m not sure what possessed me to think of that at that very moment, but I’m a pretty random thoughts kind of gal.)

Mommy…my friend L at school? She tried to stick a mulch chip in my ear and [she paused, as if for emphasis]…GET STUFF OUT!

Miss C, PLEASE don’t ever let anyone stick anything in your ear! That could really hurt you! Please don’t do that.

Why? Would it would hurt my bones?

No, but it could really hurt your ear. Don’t ever EVER stick anything in your ear. Didn’t it hurt when she tried to stick a mulch chip in your ear?

Just a little bit. But that’s OK mommy. Sometimes doctors hurt you on accident!

Sigh…

Speaking of mini heart attacks, we’re about to spend five days doing nothing but hitting the beach, pool, and water park with She Who is Trying so Hard to Learn to Swim and Loves Her New Strawberry Shortcake Water Wings and her baby sister, She Who Cannot Swim and Sinks Like a Rock, But Who is Fearless in the Water and Rebels Against Wearing Water Wings Despite the Fact that They Have Elmo on Them, Dammit.

1. Richie Ann says:

I have a babymoon to the beach scheduled soon too. Only I’ll be sporting shorts. There’s no way this mama is going to wear a swimsuit 8 months preggers! Enjoy and make sure the driftwood stays out of everyone’s ears.

2. Bridgett says:

Our pediatrician has a box, in which he has saved everything he has pulled out of children’s ears and noses. Raisins. Marbles. Dead bugs. Pebbles. Pencil erasers. It’s kind of a creepy collection.

3. Erin says:

oh man, the swimming part was just like me and my little sister- It took me forever to learn how to swim but she was jumping in before she fought the water wings and was in the water before she could play with happy meal toys.

yes, and the ear thing is true. I had an awful ear infection about a month and a half ago from over-q-tipping.

4. Mrs.M says:

Have a great time!! i’ll be thinking about you from within the confines of my office while baking under flourescent lights!

Hope she gets to loving those water wings! 🙂

5. Filtering Life says:

Oh Bridget, that is nasty, the doctors ear collection. IT is one of those grossly fascinating things where you don’t want to look, but you are curious enough to look. ANyway, Jamie, so jealous of your vacation, I am feigning for a vacation, have a great time and hopefully your rebel swimmy daughter will do better than you think with her independence.

Thanks ya’ll! We are all looking forward to beach time and lots of sunshine!

I’ve got one of those flotation type bathing suits for Miss A to try out. That should help. I hope. 😉

p.s. I hope to post a picture at some point of Miss A in this awesome pink super girl UV protection suit I won from http://www.mommyknows.com:

Check out her blog at Mommy Knows for her June Jive daily giveaway. She has an awesome store with really great products.

I never win anything so I was tickled. The only problem now is Miss C wants a super girl suit but they don’t come in her size!

8. Jennifer says:

Oh man, I am so envious I want to take the girls to the beach. Unfortunately up here the water dosent warm up until August.

9. Bluegrass Mama says:

We’ve got another week till vacation–I can’t wait! I always felt water wings gave kids a false sense of security in the water, but both my kids learned to swim at an early age (our daughter was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the edge of the pool at age 3).

10. kelli says:

My SIL was giving her four year old son a bath and was about to stick a Q-tip in his ear to clean it out. As she proceeded to get close to his ear canal he screamed. She asked him what was wrong and he told her there was a rock in his ear from earlier that day! LOL! She had to take him the next day to get it removed. Just thought I’d share a funny ear story since we’re on the subject. :o)

11. Colleen says:

Have a fabulous time! I’m jealous. We’re heading home from our “vacation” now and all we saw were cornfields and W*lM*art. Ugh.

12. Kristopher says:

Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity to your
    publish is just spectacular and that i can think you are a professional on this subject.

Well together with your permission allow me to grasp your feed to keep up to date
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

13. healthy lunch ideas foods says:

This is the right blog for everyone who hopes to find out about
    this topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic that’s been written about for many years. Great stuff, just excellent!

14. Marquis says:

What advice do you offer those interested in becoming a DP.
    The cover letter is your chance to get personal
    with your potential employer so he or she
    sees more of you than just a piece of paper. While drafting
    a CV you need to watch against providing unnecessary details
    and repetition.

15. 36b bra size says:

” You need to measure with your arms straight down, so ask someone you feel comfortable with to help you (like your mom, sister, or friend). If the band comes away from your body very easily or the band rides up your back, the bra is too big. Your best bet is an all-in-one bodyshaper that will slim your middle and give you a lovely smooth silhouette.

16. fashion says:

Let us try to understand more about bollywood sarees and trends.

In such situations, you need to use under garments with proper
    support and grip. Although this may sound like an exaggeration, it is completely true to
    say that people always notice shoes, and they are therefore an easy way to
    dress up any outfit.