I’m Down With OSD, Yeah You Know Me

I’ve been on the OSD (Oh Sh*t Diet) with our annual summer trip to the beach getting closer. The excuse for my mid-section flabalanche, “I’ve had two babies,” is getting a little old now that Miss A is not only starting to use the potty some, but is telling me specifically what type of potty she wants (Dora, thank you very much.)

About a month ago I decided to be proactive about losing the five pounds I’ve been saying I need to lose for the past two years. Since I’m lazy and really hate going to the gym, I started walking more with the hubby and the girls and I also cut out all my “treats.” Drastic times call for drastic measures.

I quit fixing my near nightly bowl of ice cream even though the BEST stuff I’ve tried in a while is Blue Bunny Banana Split sugar free. And I don’t do sugar free, people. My mother-in-law tried it and didn’t care for it, but I could have eaten the entire carton in one sitting. I’ve also cut out Cokes and beer and wine and fast food and pretty much anything “bad.” No wonder I’ve been one cranky mama. Who knew that sugar, fat, and alcohol made me so happy?

The hubby has also really been watching what he eats and getting up early every day and walking. He’s having a lot more success with the OSD than me.

Why is it that men can eliminate a few things from their diet and lose five pounds in no time?

I think I’ve lost one pound and that’ s on a good day and only if I weigh a la naturelle.

1. Richie Ann says:

It’s super hard to lose weight…especially when you work in an office. But give up wine!!!! No Way! You’re crazy.

Richie Ann:

Yes, I am crazy for giving up wine. But as soon as we hit Florida I am going to have a margarita or big ole glass of wine…or BOTH!

My old office (pre-kids) was actually worse about bringing in food for any sort of holiday, birthday, sales goal…any reason at all to celebrate and bring in tons of food, dip, etc! It’s a good thing I no longer work there or I’d really be complaining.

When I was still nursing Miss A I could eat anything! I wonder if I can spontaneously lactate or something.

Yea…probably not. 😉

3. Holly Schwendiman says:

ROFL – I know what you mean. I’ve been “working on” that diet since last fall in prep for our beach trip this July – uh – yeah – still working….no real progress. LOL Although I did lose my love for soda and it’s flavor which as been nice. I keep trying to throw more exercise in but that darn tummy cover won’t budge! I just decided to get a suit that covers it all well. 🙂

Hugs,
    Holly

4. Mrs. Schmitty says:

Good luck with the diet thing…especially without the help of alcohol! LOL, I’m just kidding, really, good luck.

Sorry, I’m still chuckling, cause now I know why I’ll never be skinny again!

Dang girl…sometimes you need to way the ‘quality of life’ issue. 5 pounds? IS THAT ALL? I need to lose 15 still but I’m not sure I’ll get there until after the summer. Besides, it’s like I say, you are not defined by those extra 5 pounds! eff them and feed them fishheads.

Anne:

I heart you.

So technically it’s more like 10 pounds if I were to ever get back to my original, long long time ago pre-baby weight.

But five is fine. And hey, what the heck…I am down two pounds today! 😉

7. Bluegrass Mama says:

I was doing well in the spring, but have been eating to my heart’s content the past few weeks. No wonder I haven’t been to the pool yet!

8. jen says:

I think I lost my belly button in my flabalanche. It used to be a cute little divot…now it’s a crevasse. I think we’ve lost some skiiers in there – there are rescue workers in place as we speak.

9. Renee says:

I’m in your same boat. I’ve been trying for a while to lose 10 lbs. I was happy to discover last week that I had lost about 5, but I’m out to go on vacation and say ‘screw the last 5’.
    Good luck!

10. a happier girl says:

Men never understand how much easier they have it when it comes to losing weight. It’s all the muscle they have that we don’t. My husband lifts weights a little and cuts back his visits to Krispy Kreme donuts and he drops a pants size in a week.

11. Grace says:

Goodluck on your diet! I have weight issues myself. Hubby eats thrice the volume than I do but is only half my size!! hahaha. (exagerrating but near to that!)In reality, he gulps down one whole cake and top it with a liter of coke but doesn’t gain a single gram the next day. I, on the other hand, LOOK at the cake and gain a kilo moments later…=)