Negative Effects of Dora

Yesterday I took both girls to the pediatrician’s office by myself because I like to live on the edge. Actually in a rare moment of Zen peacefulness at the pediatrician’s we did not have to sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes segregated from the snotty noses and feverish brows, but instead were immediately ushered back to an examining room where I pacified Amelia with a container of Tic Tacs magically transformed into a maraca. It was her scheduled 2-year-physical and she got a Hepatitis A vaccine along with a nifty Bugs Bunny band aid.

Last night Caitlin and I were enjoying some rainbow sherbet at the kitchen table and we were talking about the day.

“Caitlin, you were a great helper this morning with sissy at the doctor’s.”

“I know it…and I didn’t get any shits!”

“You mean, ‘I didn’t get any shots. It’s shots, NOT shits.'”

“It is shits mommy. Shits is Spanish for shots!”

And here I thought we’d left all this behind us.

1. Ivy says:

Hahaha! Nate overheard my mom talking about having “the shits” one time, and for weeks he’d go around telling people his grandma had “the shits”. Thanks a bundle, mom!

2. Colleen says:

I bet Caitlin’s right. That Dora knows her shit.

We’ve had “the shits” around here too. Um. What I mean is, this morning I shouted, “Oh shit!” when a moth flew into my face unexpectedly and Delaney’s been repeating it ever since. Good times.

3. Jennifer says:

LMAO! That is hilarious! Rugrat said “Aubre” (sp) when I asked her what the magic word was one day. From Dora of course.

4. Oma Flinger says:

I just knew I was speaking a foreign language! Reason number 106 to continue using it!

I wished my site wasn’t dead cause Rodney Giles owes me more than $94.00;in the meantime:
    shit

5. Holly Schwendiman says:

Oh nuts that’s funny. I suppose it is a good thing when you can come away from the doctor’s office without that symptom! LOL Now if my hubby could say the same about work…..ROFL

Hugs,
    Holly

6. Library Mama says:

I love it!

Reminds me of a time my mother-in-law accidentally let a bad word slip out in front of my #1 when he was about 4. She followed up with, “Oops! Pardon my French.”

Later that day, #1 said to me, obviously impressed, “I didn’t know Grandma knew French!”

7. mrsmogul says:

Nothing spells healing like a Bugs Bunny band aid! I always thought shits in Spanish was shitos? 🙂