Monday Musings

Did anyone watch the sneak preview episodes I and II of The Tudors that’s premiering soon on Showtime? I watched them both on DirecTV Friday night and since we don’t subscribe to Showtime I may ask my officemate to record for me. I think I’m hooked. And leave it to me to get hooked on a show that’s on a channel we don’t subscribe to. Wait a minute, I’m sure the powers that be at Showtime did that by design. I’m such a sucker.

Did anyone see the season finale of Battlestar Galactica? Anne? I loved the ending.

Speaking of royalty, Working Moms Against Guilt have a hilarious take on these housekeeping tips from Martha the Great. And although I might act like I’m a Martha Stewart hater, I secretly wish I had more Martha juju. Like Mrs. M for example. She is a monogramming fool! Who knew you could monogram a fabric headboard? It boggles the mind! Any way, I keep hoping that by reading her blog, some domestic talent will rub off on me.

The University of Maryland did an interesting study showing that today’s working moms actually spend more time with their children than their own mothers spent with them.

My good friends itching and burning are back. I started taking Claritin Saturday.

And lastly, has anyone seen the new Suave advertising campaign? I love the new TV commercial. They also have a cool pledge for moms to sign online…”Today, I will say yes to “mommy you look pretty today.” Who says that being a mom means you have to be frumpy?

1. Pattie says:

Well, I have Showtime, but I didn’t see the show…nor have I seen Battlestar Galactica…or the Suave commercial. Wow, I must live under a rock! *LOL*
    I did check out the Working Moms Against Guilt website. I loved their answers to Martha’s cleaning points. What witty women!

2. Charla says:

I really wanted to watch The Tudors (I guess it’s a mix of that English degree I have and a touch of anglophilia), but we don’t subscribe to Showtime either. Oh, well…I’m sure they’ll put it out on DVD sometime, don’t you think?

3. Erin says:

I don’t have showtime either but I think Jonathan Rhys Meyers is really really hot 😀 I agree that moms shouldn’t be frumpy but I get so caught up in things that I don’t give myself the time to be pretty even as a college student!!!

Apparently one of the Suave commercials has caused an uproar. I haven’t seen this particular one (a pretty mom boxing a frumpy mom.) The commercial I like, and I’ve only seen it once, shows a woman “morphing” into different stages at rapid speed…snazzy single woman, bride, mom, tired mom who looks like she hasn’t washed her hair in three days. Wait, that was me yesterday. Any way, I like that particular one although I’m sure someone out there hates it, too.

5. Mrs.M says:

Thanks for the shout out, it’s an illness really, which is a post I’m working on for this week. I just may have to send some hair buttons for the girls! 🙂 The funny part that I didn’t mention about the headboard is that my hubs didn’t think it should be/needed to be monogrammed since it was already put together, yada yada yada. WELL…..I had the day off of work. AND I took it apart. And Monogrammed. And reassembled. And waited for him to notice it. It was hard to say no then, right? I think he likes it though.

what? finale? Oh man, Jamie, thankfully we have them all tevo’d but I am missing the episodes since march 3rd! Don’t tell me a thing! I feel something happens to Starbuck!