Quite Possibly the Most Exciting Hometown News Since Walmart and the Liquor Stores Opened

The hubby shared this news story with me, prefaced by, “you so need to blog this.”

Our hometown is in a national competition to become one of 16 cities named Springfield to vie for the chance to host the hometown opening of The Simpsons movie in July.

But that’s not what’s really got me excited about this whole breaking news story. The crowning glory is the fact that the once gravel road I grew up on, Homer Worsham Road, (cue the dueling banjos melody), the road I drove my 1986 Chrysler Laser on like a bat out of hell to town and back during my senior year of high school, may be renamed Homer Simpson Road for the day.

Now that is something to be proud of.

Too bad we don’t have a son or I’d be tempted to name him Homer for the day.

D’oh!

1. Charla says:

I didn’t know that’s where you were from! I have family right outside of Springfield (a tiny community between S-field and Clarksville), but they wouldn’t have been in Robertson County when you lived there.

That is way funny about the big competition! I do think TN needs another movie premier besides “Walking Tall” *rolls eyes* a few years back. Maybe you’ll be able to add Homer Simpson Rd. to your claim to fame! lol

2. mrsmogul says:

The Simpsons is my fave cartoon show! I’ve been watching it since it used to be on the Tracey Ullman show. Anyway, that’s so exciting!!!

3. Nancy says:

I heard about that — I wonder if Springfield, VA (which is near where I work) is competing too?

I totally want your hometown to win, though. Wouldn’t it be cool to say you used to live on Homer Simpson Road?

4. Richie Ann says:

I bet the hubby wouldn’t mine taking on the moniker of Homer for the day if you allowed him to drink beer in his underwear on the couch and call you Marge!

5. Bluegrass Mama says:

At least you can call the girls Marge and Lisa for the day!

I don’t foresee such a story in my future, not knowing of any TV cartoons set in a fictional town called “Skaneateles.”

6. Liza says:

Now I’ve got to share this news to my husband (a Simpsons fan). I’ll make sure to mention that I heard it first from your blog 🙂

7. storesonline593 says:

That’s really a very interesting blog Which I like a lot.I have gone through it’s details and really enjoyed it too much.Thank you so much for sharing.Keep blogging.