Yes, There is a God

It’s an unflattering photograph of Demi Moore!

Via Celebrity Moms, which is one of my “guilty pleasure” blogs.

Demi, honey, whatever Pilates neck strengthening maneuvers you’re doing are working a little too well.

demi.jpg

I had my “annual” eye doctor’s exam (I haven’t been since March 2005 when I was on the verge of giving birth to Miss Amelia.) I’m nearsighted but amazingly my left eye, which has always been my weakest, has improved slightly since my last appointment! Hey, maybe the downhill slide toward 40 isn’t so bad?

On the way to the optometrist’s I heard Toby Keith’s new song, “High Maintenance Woman.” While I don’t consider myself high maintenance (I don’t think I’ve had a professional manicure since my wedding day), I am pretty girly. I mean only a girly girl would get excited to see eyewear by Candies and Vera Bradley at the optometrist’s, right? I checked out some new eyeglass frames. My “nerds” are really only for nighttime wearing, but I’d like to get some hip new glasses although I primarily wear my contact lenses.

So are you high maintenance, low maintenance, or do you consider yourself middle-of-the-road maintenance like me?

1. linda says:

I used to consider myself low maintenance. Since J.J. was born, I’m practically “no maintenance”. I really need to figure out a way to carve out some “me” time…

2. Mrs. Schmitty says:

I used to be a little more high maintenance. After having kids, who the heck has time? I’m definitely lost some of my vanity and am now between middle of the ground…and low.

3. Charla says:

My hubby would say high maintenance, but I say low. I love to think about things for myself, but the reality is all my time goes to the kids.

I also would love some hip new frames, but I NEVER wear them, so I just can’t justify the cost. Even if I told myself I’d wear the cool frames some, I know I wouldn’t. I can’t stand not having my contacts. (I am blind as a bat, too. I can’t even see my hand details when it is 5 inches from my face without some form of “corrective lenses.” I’ve been that way since 4th grade…)

Charla,

I didn’t get any frames but they had a small selection of frames for $99 (including the lenses!) Of course I kept gravitating toward the Vera Bradley frames which were definitely not cheap.

I’m pretty nearsighted but at night when I take my contacts out I just wear my 10 year plus old frames. They actually told me I was a good candidate for lasik surgery yesterday but at more than $3,000 I don’t see us doing that any time soon! 😉

5. kelli says:

I guess I’m pretty low maintenance. I too don’t keep up with my nails and my toes… Most of the time I buy my clothes from Target while my husband is wearing Ralph Lauren. One thing that I do have to have when I want it is food. I’m a foodie. Also Starbucks everyday. Now we can’t even drive near a Starbucks without my two year old screaming for one of their blueberry muffins and organic vanilla milk. She has a built in radar. I’ve created monsters. They need to be on the go just like their mommy.

Kelli:

My clothes are ALL from Tarjay, TJ Maxx or hand me downs from my mom. (who shops at Ann Taylor, Talbots, etc.)

I am starting to rethink my middle of the road maintenance. I’m probably on the lower end than I think. I mean I haven’t had a professional manicure or pedicure in a decade, ya know? 😉

I do splurge on my hair although to look at it right now you’d never know. And I love to get massages occasionally.

7. cmhl says:

hmmmmmm,,, probably more toward high maintenance. although, I just went out to the car & got out a diet coke (don’t ask) in my pajamas & wet hair, no makeup, and chatted with not one but TWO neighbors. Pretty.

Demi needs more fat in her diet, seriously. she has no fat under her skin.

8. mamatulip says:

Definitely middle of the road. I need things like pedicures and brow waxes, but I am definitely not dressy or girlie or high maintenance. 😉

And for the record, I hate dresses with neck straps like that. Yuck!

9. malia says:

Mid-road maintenance for me. I love to splurge on the occassional pedicure but at this point in my life I feel that manicures are a colossal waste of money. I also haven’t had a haircut in an awful long time but I’m really liking my long hair these days, so why mess with it if I like it?

My eyeglasses are missing one arm(?) of the frame so I only wear them at home! I prefer my contacts but there are days when I’d rather be able to wear my glasses. I need to schedule that “annual” (last time was ’05 for me, too!) appointment…along with another that I’ve been putting off!

10. Library Mama says:

I am definitely a low-maintenance gal, but I’m trying to become higher. Really, it doesn’t work to be a tom-boy at 41, even if the rest of the house (husband, three sons, male dog!) runs on testosterone.

So great to see you over my way this evening!

11. slackermommy says:

Someone once told me that I say I’m low maintenance when I’m really high maintenance. I think I’m middle of the road. I’m bad about getting my hair cut, getting pedicures, and going to the eye doctor but I like getting facials and massages. I’ll wear the same shoes for years but have to have several new pieces of clothing every season. I recently had a tummy tuck and boob job. Not sure if that makes me high maintenance or just vain.

12. Mrs. M says:

Middle of the road. I like to fix up and be pretty, but I can run to the grocery store and not be wearing a cocktail dress. I’d love to get regular manicures though! Oooh, and pedicures! It’s just so pampering!