I Like Smooth Butts And I Cannot Lie

Shortly after the new year I was sent a box of Aveeno Baby products to review. I promptly snagged the Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture cream, because suddenly my girls had more moisturizing products than mama and that’s just not right. The moisture cream has a permanent home in my nightstand drawer. It is fragrance free and is wonderful for the winter dry skin scalies. Come on, you know you get lizard feet in the winter.

The lavender and vanilla “calming comfort” scented wash and lotion are good for those nighttime baths when you want your kids to chill out. Although if your kids are like mine, bathtime is splash like mermaids gone buck wild time no matter what kind of aromatherapy mumbo jumbo you toss in the tub.

The Aveeno Diaper Rash Cream is especially nice. It’s also fragrance free and hypoallergenic and is a light creamy consistency that wipes off your hands easily. I hate the really hard core goopy diaper ointments that are nearly impossible to scrub off unless we are battling some serious alien like diaper rash from hell.

Good stuff.

Hypoallergenic.

A “baby” body cream you can use for yourself.

Smooth butts.

What more could you ask for?

I also received some H20 Transactive Post-Shave Healing Balm from the ULTA Salon website for the hubby. He is a Dial soap, blue jeans kind of guy but he LOVES this stuff after his morning shave (thank God he finally shaved his annual beard, holiday cave man edition) and it leaves his face wonderfully smooth.

So, what kind of diaper ointment do you use? And did you know if you let your 22-month old eat an entire can of tomato soup between lunch and dinner that it will probably cause flaming booty like a bare butt baboon issues? Or I should say “bottom,” which is our preferred term for the gluteus maximus region. Because butt is not ladylike…ahem.

1. malia says:

I prefer Desitin original formula for rash cream, even though it takes some work to really get it off my hands, nothing else compares to how it clears up diaper rash. (I’ve even used it for my own chaffing problems in the past!) Balmex is my secon favorite. And though I’ve never used it, the name alone is priceless – Bordeaux’s Butt Cream!

I think I’ll try Aveeno next though, for the minor rash times that don’t require Desitin’s kill-all effects.

Oh and I’m with you on the “calming effects” bath products. With both my kids it’s always been “how much water can we splash out onto the floor” kind of bathtime. Nothing is going to calm them down!

2. Charla says:

I am a DIE HARD Boudreaux’s Butt Paste user (well, mot on myself, but you knew that, didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU??) That stuff rocks a bad diaper rash – which Claire seems to be plagued with every few days. My ped. even gave me a prescription for a high powered cream that a certain pharmacy had to compound, but my Boudreaux’s was better than it. We are NEVER caught without a tube!

I like the idea of that lavendar and vanilla bath stuff – FOR MYSELF! haha!

I like Boudreaux’s too. We got a “gift pack” when Caitlin was born with a Boudreaux’s Butt Paste bib. It was quite the conversation starter! 😉

good to know. and your bathtime sound EXACTLY like ours! I dream about the day water doesn’t wind up ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

5. Liza says:

I have to say…I love that title! 🙂 Now everytime I hear that song, the lyrics will never be the same 🙂

I liked using A&D Ointment when kids are young. But from what you wrote Aveeno sounds great.

6. Mayberry says:

Original desitin for the baboon butt syndrome (I’m looking at you, clementines) and A&D for everyday prevention. Also works amazing wonders on little cuts & scrapes.

7. Oh, The Joys says:

I’m totally off topic because of the title of this post. I almost got in a car accident yesterday because a local car dealership is running radio ads where a Bill Clinton impersonator is “trying out” for American Idol and talking to a “Simon” impersonator. Simon asks “Big Bill” what he’s going to sing and the actor launches into the PERFECT Clinton voice singing “I Like Big Butts and I Can Not Lie…” and for some reason I just fell over and forgot I was driving.

…and I use target brand white creamy diaper rash cream and it just HEALED The Rooster who was striken with the most unreasonable case of diaper rash I have ever seen earlier this week.

8. Erin says:

I can’t comment on the ointment part but I can say that I bought the Aveeno Lavender lotion for my boss when she found out she was pregnant because I thought it could be something that she could use for herself! (and it was in the baby aisle and she was kind of bummed about having an unexpected 3rd baby so I wanted to give her something that smelled nice!) (yes I get lizard feet and skin all over but I’m not so picky- primadonna hubby has to use nivea.) When I do have a baby, I will remember “desitin” (I remember my mom using A&D with my sister and brother)

9. mamatulip says:

I love Aveeno, especially their bath products. We use that, Desitin and some no-name zinc stuff on Oliver’s butt.

10. Jenny says:

I’m a fan of Boudreaux Butt Paste for Hailey. The name alone is enough to give it a permanent place in my medicine cabinet.

11. kelli says:

I like the creamy desitin. I have the Butt Paste BUTT for some reason it doesn’t work ASS well on my kids BUTTS. I also like the Burts Bee’s stuff. OOOh, speaking of that I love their Apricot mASSage oil for babies.

12. Jenny says:

We use Desitin creamy as an everyday ointment…

A combo of A+D and original Desitin, for the crazy holy cow that must hurt diaper rash…

We also have a little ritual of blow drying the buns, after a horrilbe run of diaper rash, now we see none… I am telling you people think we are crazy, but how would you like it if your ass never got completely dry? So little blow drying on low and warm… does the baby good. 🙂

Jenny:

We have used the blow dry the booty trick, too, especially when the girls were young. And when they were just a few months old the noise from the hair dryer actually lulled them to sleep!