Monday Miscellaney

I just braved the drizzly cold to drive to Chick-fil-A for one of their breakfast sandwiches on a bagel. I was thinking I could be their TV spokesperson, kind of like Jared Jordan, who’s Jordan? for Subway, but there is a good reason I studied print journalism and not broadcast journalism in college. Maybe I could be a radio spokesperson?

I read on Amalah’s blog that today has been deemed the most depressing day of the year by official sounding people who deem such things. Great. It’s the most depressing day AND I have PMS. My mood must be lethal. Step away!

Speaking of PMS, a mom at our daycare parking lot shot me a “go to hell” look this morning while I was stopping my car so she could get out of her car. I’m just going to assume she was having a bad day. Although I drive an SUV, I try not to have an SUV ‘tude when I drive.

I told my husband that the color of the sky lately reminds me of a wet dirty cotton mop. How’s that for a visual?

I love Justin Timberlake’s new song, “What Goes Around.”

Speaking of JT, Caitlin thinks the chorus to “Sexy Back” is “Go heavy go,” instead of “Go ahead, be gone with it.” It cracks me up because she is so cute when she sings that.

Amelia cannot pronounce her “r’s” properly. She says “coy” for car and “goy” for girl.

She gave me the stink eye, a term coined by her pediatrician, when I dropped her off at daycare this morning. It’s a resigned sort of “OK, mommy I don’t like being here but you just go on to work now” type look. Sigh.

Is relating huge catastrophes to Armageddon a Southern Baptist thing? This morning I heard a radio commercial about tonight’s episode of 24 and was thinking how in the world are they going to top this season. The first thought that popped into my head…ARMAGEDDON! Jack could take on Satan. Come on, it could happen.

You know you’re a Southern mom when you nearly run off the road because you see a sign by a subdivision entrance for an Orient Expressed sample sale.

This post will self destruct from sheer boredom and depressing undertones in about 10 seconds. Does anyone have a couple of roundtrip tickets to somewhere warm and sunny?

1. Bluegrass Mama says:

Sorry, Jamie, but if I had those tickets, I’d be using them myself! LOL at “stink eye.” I’m still getting those from the 12 year old.

2. kelli says:

PMS, I’m the queen. Just ask my husband. My 5 year old doesn’t have school so she’s bored because mommy’s too lazy to get us all dressed today. I guess it is a depressing day. But I can’t believe someone actually declared today”The most depressing day of the year” Strange. About those tickets. None here. I WISH I had some to give to you! And ME!

3. Angel Jem says:

Hi! Sorry to interrupt, I was just surfing and fell off in your blog, couldn’t help hearing the grey day grey mood part.. Come to sunny England! It’s cold, about 5 degrees celcius, but the sky has ben a lovely bright blue and the sun was so sunny it made me clean my windows… hope it cheers up over there, too!

4. Charla says:

Well, I would have had to invite myself to the OE sample sale…I’m brazen like that…
    I have been smocking for years, and for Christmas Hubby bought me a smocking pleater. Haven’t used the dern thing, though, because I’m too intimidated by it.

I want breakfast right now for some strange reason…was your C-f-A bagel yummy?

5. Erin says:

very cute words to “sexyback”- so today’s the most depressing day? hmm. i guess that calls for a celebratory opening of the wine in our closet!

6. Liza says:

I didn’t know there’s such a thing (most depressing day of the year)

So it’s your turn (PMS)

your pediatrician must be fom Hawaii (the term “stink eye” is very common here)

I know a place warm and sunny. You can stay with us but you have to buy your plane ticket.

7. Dawn K says:

I told my dad that January 22nd was deemed the most depressing day of the year (I read that article too) and it didn’t seem to phase him since it was his birthday and he informed the he’d rather be celebrating his 65th birthday on the most depressing day than the alternative. I concurred. What do those know it all researchers know anyway.