Bah Hum Pneumonia Bug

Tis the season to be stressed
Fa la la la la la la la la

I’m doing good to get showered and dressed
Fa la la la la la la la la

Gonna fix a glass of wine
Fa la la la la la la la la

Don we now our hand sanitizer
Fa la la la la la la la la

Nothing like chasing St. Nick down to the wire
Fa la la la la la la la la

Good news on Amelia’s pneumonia. I took her in for a recheck this morning and the doctor said she should continue to improve since I can tell a difference now that she’s started on an antibiotic. She doesn’t want her to take a cough suppressant, though, so tonight should be interesting hellish.

I have most of our photo cards addressed but so much for personal, witty notes lovingly hand written on each one. Wait a minute, I’ve never done that.

I haven’t mailed packages for out of town family.

I need to buy gifts for five, yes five, daycare teachers.

I’m missing most of this week at work but thankfully my workload is very light this time of year.

Amelia keeps pulling the most fragile ornaments off the tree.

I ran to the grocery today with her so we’d have something to eat besides potatoes, eggs, and Dora theme animal crackers. Hey, grocery shopping is critical to recovering from pneumonia. Besides, she seemed up for it and gnawed on some string cheese while we were there.

As Lucy says in the Charlie Brown Christmas special, “Deck them halls and all that stuff.”

1. Mrs. Flinger says:

Honey, I’m in the same spot and my child is perfectly healthy (knocking on all sorts of wood, granite and praying to the health gods for even uttering these words).

I hope tonight goes well. Kisses and best of luck and GET WELL.

2. Nancy says:

Ugh, I hear you. Company coming on Friday and we’ve had various ailments including (but not limited to) bronchitis, croup, and the stomach flu-type-thingie. Our house is a mess and I’m out of vacation time at work. But hey, the holidays keep marching on. Hang in there. 🙂

3. Colleen says:

I’m so glad to hear she’s feeling better (string cheese’ll do it every time!). Hang in there. Won’t be long now and we’ll be getting ready for cocktails on New Year’s Eve.

Ya’ll I cheated and gave Amelia a little Tylenol cold and cough at bedtime.

Now I have GOT to hit the sack.

Tomorrow’s goals? Mail our Christmas cards!!!!! Mail packages!!! Tarjay run!

5. Pattie says:

Oh Jamie!
    I must say, I think you might be onto something with that version of Deck the Halls!

I am glad to hear your little one is a bit better. I think your family has used up it’s pnemonia ration for the next ten years 🙂

Good luck with all the stuff you must do.

Thank you all!

She had a good night and slept all night but sounds pretty bad this morning and did not eat breakfast. But she is not running a fever and I’m just pushing liquids. I think my Dad will be my Santa’s helper today…he is going to help me with my post office run. Tarjay may have to wait but I don’t mind a last minute Tarjay run.

7. Liz says:

Oh, Jamie – I feel for you, sweetie. Personally, I’ve grown quite used to last minute running around (especially at this time of year!) and, having three out of four of my bugs down with the flu, I think living on the fly is just a mommy’s and daddy’s way of adapting to their environment.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year…where’s the Lysol!?!

8. Renee says:

What is it with this year and everyone being sick, in my personal circle and my blog friends? Hope she’s better very soon and you get to make the Tarjay run. I made one yesterday!

ooh, I like the Target gift card idea! or what about gift cards to the local cinemark or other such movie theatre? everyone likes the movies, right? Good luck tonight…we get the docs to perscribe PanCough which has a smige of codeine and a ton of that grape flavor that all kids love. It also has a different more generic name, let me know if you need the particulars.