Cruisin’ With Santa

Cruisin’ With Santa

Originally uploaded by blondemom.

My dad, aka my trusty manny, was Santa and Mrs. Claus’s official escort in our local mall parade yesterday. I truly think that riding in a Christmas parade with my girls and their papa and the fat man in the red suit and his wife added about 10 years to my life expectancy. (Edited to add: That last sentence sounds unintentionally weird to me. There’s nothing wrong with me. Physically any way. Ha.)

It took a while for Caitlin to warm up to Santa, although she never would really talk to him. And she was much more comfortable than the first time she met Santa three years ago and cried her eyes out over the prospect of being handed over to a strange man in a long red velvet robe. Amelia loved the bands and enjoyed the entire thing. The weather was perfect and we really couldn’t have asked for a better day. The girls are never going to forget their joy ride with Santa.

Colleen:

Yes, that is my 73-year-old father’s “baby!” 🙂

It’s a 1941 Lincoln Continental and it is a beauty.

He drove Santa and Mrs. Claus in last year’s parade but we missed it…the weather was bad and Amelia was sick.

2. Bluegrass Mama says:

How sweet! My Dad actually WAS Santa at the mall for a couple of years. They live in NYS, so I didn’t get to take Emily, who was just about the perfect age. Probably just as well, because I think she’d have been mighty confused!

3. RichieAnn says:

I can’t wait for Soren to be old enough to believe in Santa…and to ride in his car! What a special honor. I hope you took lots of pictures!

4. Pattie says:

How cool is that! Papa has an in with Mr. Clause! The picture is worth a thousand words. Of course, so is the one of Caitlin crying on Santa’s lap. My kids would never go near him…Ever. They STILL won’t!

5. Mrs. Flinger says:

OMG! HOW FUN!!! You get to go RIDE! Dude. I wanna go to TN where Santa has a freakin’ mobile!

6. Renee says:

Don’t you love when things work out like that? I think my boy would freak if anyone resembling Santa got close to him.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!