Poopus Interruptus

We had a 9 a.m. soccer game Saturday, the last game of the season. You know how in college you’ll do anything to avoid having classes before 10 a.m.? Well, our fall soccer schedule had us completely spoiled because most of the games were at 1:30. Any way, we were about to head out the door just in the nick of time until I got a whiff of Amelia’s morning poop. I sent the hubby and Caitlin on to the soccer field without us because on a clean up scale of 1 to 10 I knew this one was going to be a 10. And she did not disappoint.

I have yet to work with Amelia on potty training, although the potty doubles as a stool (ha! stool! ha!) in our bathroom. She’s only 19 months old and at daycare they won’t start working with her on going potty (I believe there should be a special place in Heaven for daycare teachers who have to potty train and enforce hand washing with a classroom of toddlers) until she moves to the 2-year-olds’ classsroom. So some time next year I’ll start talking up the potty like gangbusters. Potty! Go potty! Yippeee! Good girl! I found with Caitlin that the peer pressure of her friends wearing big girl undies really helped. But for now we’ll continue to provide our local landfill with enough dirty diapers to fill a small swimming pool. And besides, right now I can use the poopus interruptus excuse if we are running late. See there are benefits to your child not being potty trained.

1. Busy Mom says:

I saw the end of their game (exciting action right in front of the goal!)and saw you guys at their trophy presentation. Didn’t want to interrupt, though.

2. Renee says:

Mr. John M. has decided to not poop in the potty … or pee, for that matter anymore. He did it shortly before turning 2 and no more for me.

3. Mrs. Flinger says:

HAHA at Nicole. And how funny to see BUSY MOM out and about town? LIke a regular ol’ person! (Not that you saw her, but she saw YOU)

And toilets? Toilets are why my child will live. That moment of which you speak is the reson I didn’t pummel her to high water and back today. It’s the small joys.

4. Colleen says:

We’re going super slow on the potty training too because it’s early yet (I think). I put her on the “pot” once in a while before bathtime. So far she’s gone twice but she looks completely bewildered by the fact that something came out of her body. Then, she wants to put her hands in it. I’m the one who is so not ready to deal with THAT!

5. Bluegrass Mama says:

I am soooooo glad I’m way past the potty training days!! Though my 11 year old could use some remedial work on the hand-washing (and even the flushing).

6. Library Mama says:

Aaaaah, Bluegrass Mama! I am so glad to hear that someone else could use help in that area. We thought we were doing so well, then all of a sudden, all three of our boys(aged 12, 9, and 6) completely forgot how to flush. It’s gotten to the point where, every time my husband enters the bathroom and someone has forgotten to flush, he takes 50 cents off everybody’s allowance.

Peer pressure – ain’t it wonderful?

7. kelli says:

Gianna’s poop is always foul. She does it every time we arrive at the train table at Barnes and Noble. Then I am usually not prepared and have to walk all the way to the car and change her on the seat. Thats lovely. Well today I was prepared and was a bad customer and decided to change her on the carpet behind a shelf and I even put the dirty diaper right in the trash can there. How rude of me.

8. molly says:

Poopus interruptus! Now that’s funny! So glad mine are past all that. Now all I have to contend with is my older daughter calling to tell me all about her sex life, in detail. And believe me, I don’t want to hear about the other interruptus.

9. Liz says:

Ugh – my son’s games are at 8:45 a.m. – early soccer games, especially on a Saturday, stink worse that poopus!