Serenade

While the hubby was changing Amelia’s diaper yesterday, which was a rather unpleasant porridge of poop I might add, I overheard him singing to her:

“Hush little baby don’t say a word, Daddy’s gonna clean up your little turd.”

I love him so. Tee hee.

And is everyone else out there having a stereotypical Monday? I’ve been putting out a little client fire here at work, and, unfortunately, I helped fan the flames.

1. Liz says:

Yep, it’s been a typical Monday here, too! Though, I wouldn’t dare use that word…you know…the one associated with and causing extreme heat…considering the fact that my dishwasher blew up and having put out a couple of…you know…myself, lately!

Is it Tuesday yet?

2. Colleen says:

That’s a good one! Reminds me of some song Roger made up for Delaney that says something about cleaning up the “feces in your creases.” He thought he was so clever. I was kind of icked-out!

um yeah, today sucks the big one. I’m trying to come up with some kind of dessert to take care of it.

4. mrsmogul says:

My husband hasnt changed the baby’s diaper in Weeks, let alone turd cleaning! I am jealous!! How about Husband Swap for a week? :0

5. Amanda says:

You know the song “5 in the bed”. My husband made up the song 4 in the car and Terry said pull over oull over. Terry is my dad.

6. Linda says:

Too funny – our diaper changing song is limited to singing about what kind of diaper is going on JJ’s butt: “We’ll put a Grover diaper on your butt, on your butt, on your butt. We’ll put a Grover diaper on your butt & you’ll be nice and dry.”

Lame, I know, but it cracks the kid up!

7. Shauna says:

I think the weather made today extra Mondaylicious. I was kind of sad to be almost over my cold, because it would have been the perfect day to snuggle under an afghan with a warm mug of tea. Mmmm.