Thankful Thursday

Lots to be thankful for as I haven’t posted this in a while (and I feel the need to send out good karma as I just got my car washed and dark clouds are rolling overhead)…

The look of pure joy on Caitlin’s face when she saw her new wooden playset last week. We got a great deal on it from one of the teachers at daycare who is moving. Yee haw!

All the blood, sweat, and tears put into moving and assembling the aforementioned wooden playset by the hubby, his dad, and my dad. And my mom’s help in purchasing it!

All things autumn…cooler nights, bright orange pumpkins, chrysanthemums in bloom, and Halloween decorations and mountains of inescapable candy beckoning to the girls, and me, every time we hit the grocery store.

The adorable witch costume I found on Ebay for Caitlin. She wants to try it on every day.

My new camera cell phone ordered by the hubby. I don’t know how to moblog, though. That’s probably a good thing.

The best date I can recall in a long time with the hubby. We saw “Little Miss Sunshine” and ate outside at The Acorn.

Meeting blogging friends in real life.

Evening walks in our neighborhood and Amelia’s excitement when she sees a bird fly overhead like it’s the first time she’s ever seen such a thing. She points and says “bir, bir!”

Great clothing hand me downs for Caitlin from my neighbor.

Going outside last night to see the “pink sky” sunset with Caitlin.

My husband forgiving me for forcing him to sleep on the couch with our 40-pound neurotic dog whose idea of unconditional love means embracing you with her dried out old dog pads and long doggy nails.

Hat tip to Shauna for getting Thankful Thursday rolling. What are you thankful for this week?

1. Renee says:

I’ve been so behind on reading your blog. I’m not sure how that happened; you must be a blogging fool lately. I need to catch up. Just wanted to stop in and say, ‘great list’ and I’m still reading. I’m just a little slow…

2. Library Mama says:

Did you enjoy Little Miss Sunshine? It’s been a long time since I laughed as much as I did watching that movie.

I loved the part at the gas station when they went back to pick Olive up.

As always, great list!

Library Mama:

Loved Little Miss Sunshine. We both laughed our heads off, especially during the closing scene. I knew it was going to be good when her dance music was “Super Freak.”

4. deb says:

Love the witchy costume! Your daughter is a real beauty even when she puts on her scary face ;~)
    Ebay must be THE place to shop for costumes…my daughter has been there all week trying to get Halloween costumes for Hannah and Ava.

Have a great weekend, Jamie!

5. malia says:

You know I love getting costumes on ebay! And it’s a REALLY good thing I can’t moblog, that would just be insane. I’m loving the fall weather, too, especially today (Friday), so cool and clear. I think it’s time to make chili again. Has it only been a week since we played bunco? This week was forever long with Sweetpea being home sick two day!

6. Angel says:

LOTS TO BE THANKFUL FOR! I am thankful for my sweet girls. The smile I get of just watching my nineteen month old breathe, and discover life. My favorite thing is to take her to music class, she just comes alive, and oh the sweet sound of her cackling… Melt my heart! I am thankful that my five year old is growing into a little lady, the excitement of all she learns at school, and the hope she has. I am thankful that I have healthy beautiful, confident girls, and that I am able to be their mom.
    I am thankful for autumn days and memories of life that flood my thoughts as I enjoy the weather the fall brings. It is amazing at how fall brings a feeling of rejuvenation and new found energy, when outside it is actually a dying away of nature.
    And I am thankful for my hubby, who seems to always understand my craziness, and loves me anyway. Who knows my heart even when I am screwing up, and thinks I am sexy when I am in flannel PJ’s and no makeup. And thankful that he believes “behind every great man is a great woman”, and oh how he is a great man! 🙂

7. Amanda says:

I am thankful that my husband wasn’t killed at work when a 60lb dehumidifier fell on his head and knocked him out.

Getting that call was one of the worst days of my life.