Monday Musings

Simply Fabulous Dahling

Originally uploaded by blondemom.

If you apply ice immediately to a goose egg bump on the noggin’, it will magically make the day after bruise barely detectable. Amelia’s booster seat tipped out of the chair it was strapped to and she went with it. And yes, it was loose, and yes, I should have tightened it. Lesson learned. Edited to add: Ok, maybe not a goose egg…maybe more like a Robin’s egg?

My husband is a very tolerant man. He endured the girls putting on a divas in the den dress up show Saturday night while he was trying to watch the Titans get their asses whooped yet again.

Does anyone really like Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie” song? Gah.

I’m glad I had the brilliant idea to Tivo the Emmys so I can rewind Kiefer Sutherland’s appearance over and over and over again.

I’m also thrilled that the aliens who abucted my sweet 4-year-old and replaced her with a tyrannical brat returned her late yesterday. She was a sweetheart at the grocery store with the hubby (of course) and even went to bed on her own without any protests.

Cheap colorful bendy straws have worked as a great motivator for Caitlin to drink her milk.

You can actually wash dishes by hand if forced to. Our dishwasher controls are stuck and they can’t get up.

1. Mrs. Flinger says:

Wow. I must be totally unhip. Not sure ’bout the song. Runing to iTunes to catch up with the crowd.

2. Renee says:

I don’t know the song either, but I already knew I was the unhippest of the unhip.
    Sorry about the noggin-bump. Glad the sweet girl is back.

3. Kristen says:

Ouch, poor Amelia! Glad she doesn’t have a bump today. And we love bendy straws at our house, too.

4. mamatulip says:

I keep waiting for the day when Oliver goes down with his booster seat — he leans so far out of the thing it’s a wonder he hasn’t already gone ass over teakettle. Good to know that Amelia survived, poor thing.

5. Charla says:

Hang on while I tighten our booster seat…

OK. I really refuse to listed to Shakira…and that Hips don’t lie song is no exception. I especially hate the video.

Yummy Kiefer. Mmmmmm.

Wash dishes by hand??? What is that? I don’t understand.

Glad that wee Amilia is ok from the fall. That is so un-nerving no matter how old they are!

6. sweatpantsmom says:

Wash your dishes BY HAND? Good God, woman – what’s next? Mixing your cake batter with a spoon?

7. Pattie says:

You really can wash dishes by hand *gasp* (covering ears) I don’t want to know, I don’t want to know.. hahahahhaaa…..