Summertime Fun

I absolutely adore this photo of Caitlin taken by the hubby’s cousin from a few weeks ago. It reminds me of all that is right and good about being a kid in the summer with not a care in the world.

In exciting news we actually went out AGAIN last night after having a dinner date Thursday. We were invited to another couple’s home to enjoy ribs and watch the Titans/Saints preseason game. They also have two little girls (their youngest is only 4 months old) and Caitlin just adores their 5-year-old. It was interesting to watch Caitlin interact with a “big girl.” At one point they had every My Little Pony and Care Bear known to man strewn on the floor, were watching the Barbie Mermaidia DVD, and having a picnic of chicken nuggets and tater tots. These girls know how to par-tee. This morning I actually thought it was Monday for a few minutes as I was wrestling with Amelia over a sopping wet diaper. I only had two Dos Equis last night, though, so I can’t blame it on a wild night of overindulging, although having plans two nights in one week is enough to make me want to head down to the nearest tattoo parlor. We got home about 9 last night and I put Amelia straight to bed and then I promptly fell asleep in Caitlin’s bed while reading “The House That Jack Built.” And I remember when Saturday night didn’t even BEGIN until 9.

1. Bluegrass Mama says:

Dh and I are still recovering after rolling in at 2AM on Friday night. And we hadn’t even been partying. We were down your way moving our son into his college apartment. We are definitely way past our wee hours phase!

2. Pattie says:

That is a cute picture!
    I have to say, if I had even one beer, I might easily fall asleep in my child’s bed, too….DAMN, 9 pm is late, now! How sad is that?
    I just heard this morning that the Titans mascot accidentally hit the Saint’s quarterback with his golf cart. Did you hear about that?

3. jag says:

Everything is right with the world when a kid can enjoy an eternal afternoon in the pool. You’re right.

What a precious kid.

4. Renee says:

That is a really cute picture. Makes me want to be a kid again … but of course, many things make me feel that way!

5. Amanda says:

What a pretty girl!! I love swimming it reminds me of my young years.

I stopped drinking ,I can’t hold my alcohol. After 2 babies who knew that would happen.

6. Kristen says:

Cute picture – my kids have been LOVING our trips to the pool, too. And I’m jealous of your two nights out!

7. Sarah says:

I agree, absolutely wonderful picture you can see in her face what a wonderful time she is having.

It is funny my husband and I were just talking the other day about how we use to go out a night for a late dinner and drinks pre-kids and now post-kids 9pm is our bed time. Sad, but oh so practical when you are up with the sun!

8. Mrs. Flinger says:

Only 2? You are now drinking for two. (You AND ME) 🙂

Load’em up! And how fun to have no cares in the world. IT’s a great picture.