Monday Musings

Caitlin has discovered The Wonder Pets on Nick Jr. Although she still loves Dora, lately she prefers watching Linny, Ming-Ming, and Tuck come to the rescue of baby animals. The recent baby dinosaur episode is my least favorite. The “gag me with a spoon” part is when they chant “Pushy, pushy, pushy on the tushy, tushy, tushy” as they struggle to free the dinosaur from between two rocks. And Ming-Ming the baby duck’s inability to pronounce “R” is vewy, vewy annoying. The only cartoon bird who can get away with that is Tweety, dammit.

Am I the last person on the planet to notice the McDonald’s drive-thru sign that says they charge for extra condiments and sauces? What? I always ask for ketchup but I guess that doesn’t fall under this policy. I didn’t even get a napkin this morning with my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Times must be tough for Ronald McDonald.

I took Caitlin to a consignment sale this weekend at her future elementary school. She kept saying, “This is my school mama?!” She was really excited to see her school, although we only went into the gym. I got her an adorable Children’s Place skirt and top outfit in a funky orange and navy sort of 60s design, a Dora doodle stamp pad which will come in handy on the road, and a Little Mermaid backpack (the perfect size for her Beanie Baby bears) all for $12. I love a bargain! And the sales benefit the school, so it was a win-win for everyone.

We took the girls swimming yesterday and they both smelled like sunscreen and sunshine. I love that smell.

1. Kristen says:

I hate the shows where characters don’t speak correctly. This is the time we’re supposed to be modeling correct speech so kids learn! ARGH. One reason I hate the Teletubbies, actually…

2. Mo says:

I treat myself to a double cheeseburger at McD’s about once a month. The one closest to my office NEVER gives me napkins! And, when I ask for a couple, I usually get an eye roll as an entire stacked shoved at me.

3. Renee says:

I loved so much about your post, the fact that it mentioned McDonald’s and I’m starving, the sunscreen smell (I absolutely love that smell!) and the bargains. My personal favorite also!

4. Jennifer says:

God I want an English Muffin now.

Havent found that one on TV yet, right now “Pinky Dinky Doo” is a big hit here. Annoying.

It is our destiny to be tortured by these shows. Just think, we can introduce the grandkids to all sorts of garbage!

5. molly says:

the smell of sunscreen and sunshine, the way you put that is so evocative of all the good things that summer holds, just great!

6. Sarah says:

Some great bargains especially because they help out the local school!

My kids are addicted to Wonder Pets I think we have every episode recorded on our DVR. I can’t stand the show but mostly because I walk around all day humming the damn theme song.

Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets we’re on our way, to help our friends and save the day.

We are not too big, and we are not too tough..

But when we work together we have the right stuff.

Go Wonder Pets!

I know I lead a very sad existence!!!!

7. Bluegrass Mama says:

If you don’t mind driving a couple of hundred miles (each way) for a bargain, our church consignment sale is coming up in October. 😉

Julie:

I have to admit I had to Google Oobi. I hadn’t heard of that one! Probably a good thing. A very good thing.

Jamie

Lily likes that show too and I am frankly thrilled to be away from the shrill dora BS. She makes me apeshit.

10. Mrs. Flinger says:

YES. I remember when they started charging for condiments. (heh, I said condiments) it’s so wrong. SO WRONG, I tell ya.