Soccer Princess

Cinderelly

Originally uploaded by blondemom.

Well, it’s official. As of today I am a SOCCER MOM! I’m not sure whether to laugh or run shrieking down the cul-de-sac as this is just the beginning of many organized activities I’m sure. The hubby took Caitlin today to sign her up for the fall league in our community. Interestingly at age 4 they don’t have a goalie on the teams; it’s more about learning the ins and outs of the game. I still don’t own any mom jeans, though, so watch out! But seriously, as someone who doesn’t have an athletic bone in her body I’m very excited that one of my offspring has expressed an interest in playing a sport. We’re not sure if this interest in soccer came from watching hours of Dora or not, but as long as she has fun we’re willing to see how it goes this fall.

1. mrs mogul says:

That’s WONDERFUL!!! Sports makes you feel good, confident fun..etc…though I’m too tired nowaways to do anything! Is swimming a sport?

2. mothergoosemouse says:

She looks adorable! I hope you’ll post a pic in the soccer uniform once she gets started.

Tacy quit ballet earlier this year – before the recital but after I’d purchased the costume – so we’re taking a breather. Maybe next fall we’ll try another activity if she expresses interest again.

Julie:

She’s signed up and the hubby even went ahead and bought her cleats, shin guards and soccer ball so hopefully this isn’t a passing whim! I’ll definitely post a picture this fall in her uniform. 🙂

Jamie

4. Nancy says:

Mimi alternates between wanting to be a ballerina and wanting to play soccer. I’m hoping more for the soccer, myself (I get concerned about the body images of older ballet students, gymnasts, etc.) but we’ll see what winds up happening.

5. Renee says:

I bet she’ll love it. My girls have always loved soccer and it’s so funny when they first start out because all they care about is kicking that ball, watch out if you’re in the way, they’ll just run you over@

6. Library Mama says:

Take it from someone who knows (ie: Soccer Mom for 8 years now!), I think you’re going to love it.

I hope Caitlin does too.

I love the Mom Jeans! Too funny!

7. Emily says:

Wow, Soccer Mom! I know I am only 2-3 years away from having a little boy playing some type of sport, and with two boys I am sure they will both be into something – I personally hope it’s football or baseball vs. soccer, because soccer just bores me to tears…I have memories of going to my brother’s soccer games when he was little…I’m sure Caitlin will have a great time playing, though. And it’s a great thing for her to be involved in.

Are you feeling better?

8. Mary says:

Congratulations! I must say that having a child who seems to like sports is odd to me. Neither my husband nor myself watch or participate in sports unless jogging and using a stair climber count. And yet our son seems to be one of the sports loving people. Go figure!

Have fun! Can’t wait to see her in costume. Cute!

9. Bluegrass Mama says:

Our daughter played one season of soccer and perfected the art of always being 15 feet behind the ball. I never did figure out how she managed that trick on the rare instances when the ball was actually heading in her direction.