Saturday Morning Links

Kristen of the wonder blogging duo Manic Mommies (be sure to check out their Podcasts) sent me a Design-her Gals e-card for Mother’s Day. You should check out the cool custom stationery you can make. It’s like virtual paper dolls for grown women. OK…that sounded somewhat freaky. You know what I mean all you Avatar creatin’ women. And Oprah has now discovered Designhergals, so you know they’re on the A list.

Colleen at The Delaney Diaries (who has a new Jimmy Buffett inspired template that I love) recently wrote about using Blogbinders to archive the first year of her blog into book form. It seems like a neat idea although her review was somewhat mixed.

Fast Company magazine has a cool slide show on the Toys of Summer for the geeky/tech-minded.

I’ve been thinking that at some point I need to catch up on my digital scrapbooking. I ran across this beautiful kit which is a charity fundraiser for photographer and mom Laura Vanderbeek who has been battling Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Horchow has Ralph Lauren towels on sale for $9.99, including monogram! Whenever I see Ralph Lauren towels at TJ Maxx I try to buy at least one, since they are the best towels I have ever used. We had them on our wedding registry and 9 years later they are still holding up great. When you have company you can put the WalMart and Target towels away and set out Ralph’s and somehow look classier despite all the tub critters and the baby potty that are permanent fixtures in your bathroom.

And, did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? I did not, although I’ve been celebrating every night by eating way too much ice cream. MaggieMoo’s is giving away their Twizzlers ice cream next Saturday, July 22. I’ve never been to MaggieMoo’s so this seems like the perfect excuse to take the girls on a “field trip.”

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I am still feeling under the weather, but I hope to do something fun with the girls this afternoon while the hubby is working. (Maybe a trip to the library Tarjay since it is so hot?)

1. Colleen says:

Thanks for the links, Jamie! And, I checked out the other links you had and found some great stuff.

I hope you’re feeling better too.

2. Jenny says:

i love the design-her-gal e-cards but there isn’t an avatar that doesn’t realize she has baby poop on her shirt. I feel so left out.

3. jag says:

Whoa-you’ve been married 9 years already? It seems like last year I was covering for your hubby while he took time off.

I know I totally missed the point of the rest of the post, but it’s one in the morning and the whiskey’s kicking in. I’m not exactly on target.

Here’s hoping you had a couple of margaritas or apple martinis on your Saturday night!

4. Charla says:

Your links were such a big (good) time suction yesterday morning, I just realized I forgot to comment! I hope your day was nice, and that you felt better with a little trip to tar-jay.

5. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

Jamie, I had Ralph Lauren towels for 12 years…I got them for my wedding shower. They just started needing replacementing. So, I went to the local Linens N Things and bought some expensive towels “Eygyptian Cotton”…. My husband keeps asking me when I am going to go but the towels like “we had before.” *Sigh*

Anyway, sorry you are feeling poorly. Perhaps a trip to the Moo place for ice cream would make you feel just a little bit better? :0

6. Suburban Turmoil says:

Great links, Jamie! I had been wanting to know more about Blogbinders, so thanks for that. 🙂 Hope you’re feeling better.

twizzlers icecream? WTF?!! I’m gagging already. And I’m with Flinger, every month is national ice cream month here. YAY!