Sixteen

Amelia is 16 months old today. This time last year she had just turned 4 months old and wasn’t even eating solid foods although we’d been given the green light for rice cereal. She wasn’t yet mobile, just a roller, and it would still be three months before she’d start doing the army crawl. These days she’s ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

Here are 16 facts about our sweet “Mewa Gwace” on her 16 month birthday:

Her new favorite game is to “hide” beneath the couch cushions.
She will stick her tongue out and go “pbbbbbbbtttttttt” if you say “tongue” and then stick your tongue out at her.
She loves her Spot the Dog books.
She has started saying what sounds like, “Here you go,” only it comes out “Eeeego.”
She loves to take a bath and splash like crazy.
She loves to play peekaboo.
She typically goes to sleep at 8 and wakes at 7.
She got her first love “bite” at daycare this week from a little boy who decided to cut his teeth on her chubby little arm. I guess it looked tasty.
She is wearing size 18 month clothes (most of which were big sister’s) and a size 4 diaper.
She loves to “hide” under the kitchen table with Jack the dog.
She is the youngest grandchild on both sides of the family.
She favors her left hand.
I found out I was pregnant with her two years ago this Saturday. (Pregnancy tests from the Dollar Tree really work.)
She still sometimes takes two naps a day at home. And it’s amazing what I can get done on those two-nap days.
She loves to share yogurt with Daddy.
She always wakes up happy.

Here are some pictures of Amelia from one year ago today…

1. Suburban Turmoil says:

She’s adorable. This post brings back a lot of not-so-distant memories for me.

And thanks for the Dollar Tree tip. I’ve seen those tests there before and wondered if they worked. It sure does save a lot of money if they do! 🙂

I had Googled HPT accuracy rates and the Dollar Tree variety came up just as accurate as the brand names. However, I did take about four of them before I had a positive result. But still, $4 for those tests was so much cheaper than the name brand HPTs! She’s our Dollar Tree baby. 😉

i adore the waking up happy baby. Em is the same exact way and it is hard to be irritated if a nap is cut short when that great grinning face is peering at me. happy 16 months!

4. Charla says:

This is very close to home, as Claire is the size of Amelia – just one year behind! It’s fun to see what I have to look forward to!

And, Dollar Tree HPTs? Yep, I used them, too. I bought 3 tests after I had already gotten a faint positive on an EPT. I used them all the day after I used the EPT, and they all 3 showed a FAINT positive…I had to really stare at it while standing by a window. Of course that day was still 3 days before my period was due, so I think they were WELL worth the dollar!

5. Cathy says:

She was so cute (and still is)! She has great sleeping habits. Jessica is a good sleeper but Lindsey is another story. We have a bed time at 8:30 p.m. around our house and Lindsey will lay in her bed for hours fighting sleep. She never fights going to bed, she’s great about that, but actual sleeping can be difficult. Then she’s up at 6:30 a.m. every day. And believe me, there is NO WAY that child would take 2 naps a day! It can be hard enough getting her to take one! It can be so frustrating! Give Amelia a kiss for being so good!

6. Mrs. Flinger says:

Happy Sweet Sixteen! The next sixteen will be your driving birthday and we’ll read all about your same wonderful little habbits. Although I bet you’ll be saying full sentences by then. 🙂

7. Library Mama says:

Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen!

You have to stop it with these adorable little girl pics.

Whenever I see them, I have to retreat from the chaos of my 3-boy household to the serenity of my bedroom to meditate and chant my mantra.

I do not need a girl….I do not need a girl….I do not need a girl….

😉

8. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

She sounds like a dream child..to bed at 8 and waking at 7? Smiles all the time? Plays cute little games? Who could ask for more…oh yeah, and she is cute to boot! 🙂