Thankful Thursday

First of all, I’m really grateful that Amelia’s ear infection smackdown days are over. The tubes procedure was not bad at all.

What else am I thankful for this week?

Finally getting a much needed rain (which also means I didn’t have to water my neighbor’s flowers last night for them while they are out of town…bonus! Yeah, I’m lazy like that.)

Great health insurance coverage.

My new bike, which is on order and should be ready this week.

Finally jumping on the iPod bandwagon.

Amelia’s infectious giggle.

The burst of organization that led me to put over 300 photos in chronological order and finally transport them from collecting dust in a basket to actual photo albums.

The hubby’s willingness to spend more time than he probably wanted to in our neighbor’s pool with Caitlin at their July 4th shindig (while I ate and drank and stayed nice and dry.)

Caitlin’s 3 a.m. story about giant pink scary chickens. Who knew that Robitussin was a hallucinogen?

1. R*belle says:

Love when the hubbies take over the pool duties. I like to swim but I get waterlogged at some point!

2. Emily says:

Ah, we have an iRiver, but yes, the mp3 is nice, huh? It’s WONDERFUL for trips, and you can create playlists for your kids, too!

3. mamatulip says:

I’m on the bandwagon with you — I have a Shuffle and it’s the best thing since sliced bread!

4. Mrs. Flinger says:

You’re on the iPod list? I got mine at Christmas. Barely remember life without it.

And now I can email you a CRAPLOAD of playlists you MUST HAVE. 🙂

5. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

Hey Jamie, Sounds like much to be thankful for! I especially enjoyed the one about hubby being in the pool with the kids while you get to relax…love that! And boy, you organized 300 pics into your albums? You are giving me some much needed incentive right now….I need to do that myself. One of these days. maybe. 🙂

6. Library Mama says:

I love your Thankful Thursdays!

Great to hear Amelia is still doing well with the tubes.

Enjoy your iPod. Main Man got me an mp3 for Mother’s Day, and I love it!

I hate you about your photo organization! (Just kidding.) I’ve come to accept that I am a photo-box kinda gal. My sister is the best scrap-booker in the world. I’ll never ever live up to that.

Love the scary chicken story. Hope Caitlin’s doing okay now.

7. J's Mommy says:

300 hundred pictures?!?! I guess that’s one good thing about digital, you don’t have to deal with organization.

J’s Mommy:

The pics were actually my favorite digial pics from the past TWO YEARS. Ugh. I finally printed them from Winkflash.com but just had them sitting around collecting dust. I take about a million digital pics, though, so there’s no way I could actually print them all. I’m caught up now through last October. I don’t do any scrapbooking, though, on paper…but I do a little digital scrapbooking which is very cool.

9. Nancy says:

Wow. I’m in awe at your photo album productivity. I don’t think I have more than about 20 pictures (yes, that’s TWENTY) in albums. And probably I haven’t printed a digital photo in about 2 years. If it weren’t for the portraits of the kids taken at school, I don’t think we’d have a single paper picture of Rosie!