The Other Woman

Go down to your local Humane Association. Adopt the most neurotic puppy in the lot. Allow her to jump on the bed because she’s so cute and she only weighs 10 pounds or so. Spoil her rotten year after year. Insert summer thunderstorm. Share your bed with a 40-pound dog all night.

Edited to add: I just read this heartbreaking post about the Davidson County Animal Shelter here in Nashville. Please consider adopting a pet from their facility this summer. They are in dire straits.

Mrs. Mogul: Nope, it’s just our very messy bed! But I am SURE someone makes doggy pillows. Any luxury you can imagine for your pet is out there. 🙂

p.s. Bailey is a German Shepherd/Corgi mix

Jamie

2. Amber N says:

LOL, the same thing happened in my family! She’s so afraid of thunder and firecrackers that she tries to climb into your lap, but she weighs 35 pounds, so she ends up burrowing into your legs and shivering uncontrollably.

3. Library Mama says:

She’s so pretty!

Our dog is a schnoodle – schnauzer / poodle cross. He’s as cute as a button, and has schnauzer stubbornness galore.

He will “claim” his side of our bed (sometimes mine, sometimes my husband’s), and will not move until he is physically lifted from it.

I’ve even lain on top of him, thinking he’ll get the message, but he won’t budge. I can see it in his eyes – “I was here first. Get your own bed!”

4. Pattie says:

Ha! So funny! We had a 110 ponud dog, who unfortunately passed away last September. I would catch him on the bed with my husband (which I disapproved of). I know the nights I would go out with my friends or I would work nights, he would let that dog sleep in the bed!

Pattie: That is too funny. Our 70 pound dog has never slept with us, and that’s probably a good thing, but we spoiled Bailey when she was a puppy! We quit letting her sleep with us when I got pregnant with Caitlin five years ago but she still wants to sleep with us when it storms.

6. Nicole says:

Didn’t “save” a dog, but recently “saved” 2 cats. Pound animals make the best pets!
    There is a book out, I recommend it, can’t think of the exact name, but is something like this:
    My Life with Marley, world’s worst dog.
    This book is the BEST book for all petlovers.
    Cheers, Nicole

7. Cathy says:

This post brought back some memories for me. We had a miniature pincher who passed away last year. He was so frightened of storms or other loud noises we actually had to tranquilize him! I don’t miss those times for me, or him, but now that he’s gone I’d forgotten about all that. I just remember how wonderful he was with the girls and that he was absolutely the BEST snuggler in the world! Yes, you got it, he slept in our bed every night! Give the little guy a break, anyone with those adorable eyes deserves a little spoiling! Cathy