The fabulous Shauna here in my fair state posted a Thankful Thursday list and I’m totally copying her (go check out the awesome photos of her adorable daughter and her sunglass wearing poodle).
1. I’m grateful that the hubby has been taking Caitlin to the greenway every night after dinner. She rides her bike until the point of exhaustion and they spend quality father/daughter time together while I get baby sister ready for bed and commence to breaking out the hard liquor early.
2. We are getting a BRAND NEW playground at our neighborhood park, which is just a short walk from our house. I was just talking to my next-door neighbor about harassing our councilman about the sad state of affairs of our current playground. Caitlin is so excited. At her age, the neighborhood playground is her turf and when all is said and done they are making it new for her. And that makes me very happy.
3. Franklin Cinema has free movies for kids in the summer. I’m taking Caitlin to see a Bugs Bunny flick tomorrow on my day off seeing as it is hotter than H out as my mama says. I’m also thankful that Caitlin is at the age where going to the movies with her mommy is a cool thing. I’ve also got a coupon for a free Jr. Frosty from Wendy’s. We’re livin’ the big time, people.
4. Despite Amelia’s ongoing ear infections, I am very thankful that we have two healthy little girls. And thank you all for the words of encouragement.
5. I’m thankful for the women I’ve met through blogging who make me laugh daily. This photo is hilarious (thanks to Julie at Mothergoosemouse) And this post about losing her sanity by the always fabulous Southern R*Belle is great.
6. Speaking of sanity running off to the beach, I’m grateful that my dad has a condo in Florida. We’re heading down there late this summer for a family vacation. Yee haw! It can’t come soon enough. I can’t wait for the smell of sun and sunscreen to permeate my skin and to see the girls’ wavy damp hair and pink cheeks after a day of swimming and playing in the sand.
7. I’m grateful for the funny server at lunch yesterday who told me and my dad that we were his only “nice” table and proceeded to declare everyone else “assholes” with a dramatic wave of his hands. My dad gave him a great tip.
8. And lastly, I’m thankful that Amelia has big sister’s big beautiful brown eyes. (And yes that is a Christmas towel bib…it was clean, what can I say?)