Thankful Thursday

The fabulous Shauna here in my fair state posted a Thankful Thursday list and I’m totally copying her (go check out the awesome photos of her adorable daughter and her sunglass wearing poodle).

1. I’m grateful that the hubby has been taking Caitlin to the greenway every night after dinner. She rides her bike until the point of exhaustion and they spend quality father/daughter time together while I get baby sister ready for bed and commence to breaking out the hard liquor early.

2. We are getting a BRAND NEW playground at our neighborhood park, which is just a short walk from our house. I was just talking to my next-door neighbor about harassing our councilman about the sad state of affairs of our current playground. Caitlin is so excited. At her age, the neighborhood playground is her turf and when all is said and done they are making it new for her. And that makes me very happy.

3. Franklin Cinema has free movies for kids in the summer. I’m taking Caitlin to see a Bugs Bunny flick tomorrow on my day off seeing as it is hotter than H out as my mama says. I’m also thankful that Caitlin is at the age where going to the movies with her mommy is a cool thing. I’ve also got a coupon for a free Jr. Frosty from Wendy’s. We’re livin’ the big time, people.

4. Despite Amelia’s ongoing ear infections, I am very thankful that we have two healthy little girls. And thank you all for the words of encouragement.

5. I’m thankful for the women I’ve met through blogging who make me laugh daily. This photo is hilarious (thanks to Julie at Mothergoosemouse) And this post about losing her sanity by the always fabulous Southern R*Belle is great.

6. Speaking of sanity running off to the beach, I’m grateful that my dad has a condo in Florida. We’re heading down there late this summer for a family vacation. Yee haw! It can’t come soon enough. I can’t wait for the smell of sun and sunscreen to permeate my skin and to see the girls’ wavy damp hair and pink cheeks after a day of swimming and playing in the sand.

7. I’m grateful for the funny server at lunch yesterday who told me and my dad that we were his only “nice” table and proceeded to declare everyone else “assholes” with a dramatic wave of his hands. My dad gave him a great tip.

8. And lastly, I’m thankful that Amelia has big sister’s big beautiful brown eyes. (And yes that is a Christmas towel bib…it was clean, what can I say?)

1. mamatulip says:

Those are great things to be thankful for.

(And Oliver wears Christmas bibs on a regular basis.)

2. Nancy says:

I love your thankful list. I’m much too full of snark these days — this might be a good exercise for me.

Amelia’s so cute, even with the holiday bib (which I wouldn’t have even noticed, honestly!)

3. Library Mama says:

Amelia is adorable! (I’ve always said that no one appreciates little girls like the mothers of three or more boys.)

I love your thankful list. And I have to go with Nancy up above. With the way things are going right now for me, I probably should do a thankful list to jerk me back into shape. Think I’ll wait for next Thursday, though, when my summer holidays begin. 🙂

Have fun at the movies.

Mama Tulip: Hey if a bib is clean, I don’t care if it has snowmen on it and it’s 110 degrees outside.

Nancy: I think I needed to be reminded of all the great things in our life, despite the upcoming “tubes” and the hotter than heck weather here. And thank YOU for the nice e-mail and the offer for the ear band thingy. 🙂

Library Mama: Thank you! My best friend has three boys.

5. R*belle says:

We actually have a nice orange Halloween bib that WILL.NOT.GO.AWAY. It is always clean and available for use for some strange reason. I bet our sanitys our having a drink together right now dammit.

6. Shauna says:

Thanks for the link.
    I’ve been doing the Thankful Thursday thing for nine weeks now, and it has actually changed the way I look at almost everything. Even if I have a sort of lousy week, I don’t have to stretch to come up with things I’m thankful for — I have to narrow it down to the best.

7. Library Mama says:

Hi again,

Shauna’s comment reminded me of something similar.

Every week at Sunday supper, everyone in our family declares their “Best Part of the Week”.

It has become such a great ritual, because it brings to mind all the great parts of our week. If it’s been a great week, it’s hard to narrow it down. Even better, though, if it’s been a crappy week, each of us works at salvaging something good about it.

8. Nicole says:

A very nice list! Thanks for the tip on Franklin Cinemas – Claire and I may have to check it out one hot summer day.