Confessions Of A Beauty Routine Cheater

My fairy blogmother recently e-mailed me about reviewing the new Seabreeze Naturals line. Because fairy blogmothers have e-mail, you know. Any way, I am a girly girl and although I don’t consider myself high maintenance, (couldn’t tell you the last time I had a professional manicure) I’m all about the maintenance. Does that make sense? Let’s just say that at any given moment I could have a day spa thing going on in my bathroom, all with products found within our small bathroom cabinet. It’s just hard to pull that off when your children assume all running bath water is meant for them. It’s also hard to pull off when you are surrounded by bath toys and baby wash and your heiney is resting on no-slip suction cup frog decals on the bottom of the tub. Kind of detracts from the day spa ambience. Just a wee bit.

So, it’s time for beauty routine confessions. I’m not typically faithful to brands. Yes, I cheat on brands and I am easily swayed by a nice package (and a sale). So it was a treat to receive a box of the latest line by Seabreeze–Seabreeze Naturals. I’ve been using their two types of facial cleansers as well as the moisturizer and astringent and my problem area (aka my entire face) has really cleared up, and especially my second problem area (aka my forehead). All the Seabreeze Naturals products have a wonderful clean scent. I’m a longtime traditional Seabreeze kind of gal (since high school in the 80s!), but this new line doesn’t have that strong astringent smell. The entire line is reasonably priced at $5.99 and you get quite a bit in the packaging, especially the moisturizer, which is a bonus when you’re busy and you don’t want to be repurchasing products often. The moisturizer does not include an SPF, which is the only negative I found. I’ll be 37 this summer so SPFs are of interest to me. The Seabreeze Naturals line can be found at CVS and Wal-Mart and other stores that are open 24/7 because you just never know when you need to buy a can of honey roasted peanuts or a lawn chair or a bottle of St. John’s Wort, which I could use with all this ever lovin’ rain we’ve been having.

p.s. Nope, I didn’t get paid to do this review, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tickled to receive an entire box of skincare products all from THE SAME LINE.

p.p.s. Do you use the same line of facial products, or, like me, do you sleep around with whoever has the best deal?

1. MamaChristy says:

I’m such a sleep-around kind of girl when it comes to skin cleaners. Make-up I tend to stick with what works and am only lured by sales if something isn’t working for me anymore.

2. lynfh says:

I’ll stray to try something new on occasion. I admit it might take a commercial, packaging, or nice shelf presentation. Maybe a coupon will motivate? My guilty habit is buying the expensive stuff in the mall or at the salon. Oh, just that little splurge here and there. And why is it that expensive stuff smells SO good? Yet, in the day-to-day my skin always looks its best with good ole St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF. Just the basics… which is all I really have time for anyway when tripping over tub toys. So what about this tinted moisturizer I keep seeing?

3. R*Belle says:

I sleep around with the best deal, no doubt about it.

Actually, I am so strange– if I wash my face I break out, so I just don’t. I use Oil of Olay for my moisturizer.

4. Pattie says:

When it comes to my bath and body products, I sleep around *LOL*
    But, when it comes to my face, I always use Mary Kay Timewise line, and I looovveee it so much.

5. J's Mommy says:

I usually shop around for the best deal but I really shouldn’t. My skin has gotten so bad in the last year or so and it sucks. I thought I was done with the pimple years!

6. Kristen says:

I’m faithful to Aveda products – discovered them a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. Actually, my husband makes so much fun of me because he claims I am “brand loyal” to everything I use – soft drinks, crackers, soaps, clothing… I used to deny it, but I think he’s right.

7. mrsmogul says:

I use the same products all the time…Loreal Hydrafresh moisturizer. It’s so good…not greasy!

Too bad you didn;t get a year’s supply!

8. mothergoosemouse says:

I remember Sea Breeze as well. So harsh on my skin – it just made those freshly squeezed zits even redder.

I used to be more fickle about products, but less so now. I’m low maintenance though – I don’t buy anything from department stores except perfume, and only my shampoo/conditioner has to come from a beauty supply store.

9. Mrs. Flinger says:

Oh, I am a beauty care WHORE. I use whatever is on sale and my thirty-year old skin is quickly showing signs of such abuse.

10. Nancy says:

I think I’m like Kristen — fairly brand loyal as long as I have something that works. For skincare I used to switch because my skin would get “tired” of one certain thing and start breaking out, but I have had decent luck in the recent past with the Lush products (specifically, their facial soap and moisturizer.) As long as that keeps working I won’t switch.

wow.i remeber my addiction to the seabreeze astringent back in middle school .the burn always felt so good…you know? I am not that loyal, altho i;ve been lovng the biore face wash that has some kind of pepermint extract so it is especially cooling. followed up with the biore astringent, it makes you wanna slap your momma.