Chafe My Ass Friday

Here are a few things that have gotten my proverbial britches in a wad lately:

Clients standing me up for a conference call with nary a warning. I know these guys are important muckety mucks, but I know one of them has a Blackberry. Just send an SOS message if you’re stuck in an unexpected all-day meeting, something along the lines of, “Sorry, must reschedule.” I feel so rejected.

Rude executive assistants who could care less that you have a life and children outside of work. (Not at my company, which is extremely accomodating to parents, but at a client’s.)

And, in a word, spam. My blog has been hit with an amazing amount of comment spam this week, starting on Mother’s Day. Thanks to seeing the program Jennifer at Spaghetti Harvest was using, I downloaded Spam Karma, a donationware program which has been taking a bite out of comment spam since I installed it. So far it’s worked without a hitch and you may want to check it out if you use WordPress for your blog.

And that is it. I’ve got my anti-pukey mojo turned on high, so I’m going to enjoy my day off!

I sure don’t, but perhaps someone out there does!? Also, I’ll ask my husband, who is a Master Geek. 🙂

2. mama_tulip says:

J’s Mommy — if you turn on your word verification through Blogger, it will help reduce spam. 🙂

Jamie — enjoy your day off…you deserve a break!

3. Mrs. Flinger says:

Here’s to a vomit-free weekend. Who’d’a thunk we’d say that to a friend and genuinely mean it? Sigh. Motherhood changes everything.

4. Kristen says:

Oh, man, it just pisses me off to no end when people don’t show up for meetings. It’s ridiculous! Nobody is so important that they can’t somehow get a message to you that they’ll have to re-schedule. ARGH..

5. nancy says:

There’s a lot of rudeness in the workplace. It’s amazing that people who are in BUSINESS are so clueless about etiquette manners that are just common sense and common courtesy.

6. Jennifer says:

Spam Karma is da bomb. But you will have one or two slip through, just make sure to mark them as spam, the program learms as it goes. When I was in Vegas, one hit, then the next day I was getting 3-4 a day on old posts until I got back. Unfortunately I wasnt here to mark it, so all the spam bots started to hit me. It took a few weeks for the program to catch up, but I’m back to not being bothered by it anymore!

7. Charla says:

Catching up, BUT…..

I’ve been hit by the spam bots recently, too. Damn spamn (heehee).

Since I don’t have conference calls, I’ll put my spin on it for your Chafe my Ass Friday (now that it’s Monday). I really can’t stand when a parent tries to set up a meeting about their child’s behavior/grades during the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL! I mean, GET REAL! They haven’t shown two-hoots interest in their child all year long, and they want to meet on one of the last few DAYS we have left – when there’s no time to do anything about it? It would do them better to meet with the NEXT year teachers and get a jump start on it.

How did the no vomit mojo work out for ya?