Doo Doo Voodoo

Words that strike fear in the bravest of parents: “There’s a really bad stomach virus going around daycare.”

So far, I am the only one in our house who has managed to outfox the nasty pukey bug. The hubby had it Tuesday. I felt a little queasy yesterday and Tuesday, but I’m OK, so far. Caitlin had it yesterday, but bounced right back. And I mean bounced right back. With sass. Her sass button seems to be stuck in the on position. One minute she was throwing up in the yard (barely made it out of the car) and a few hours later she was riding her tricycle. Really. And today she is super sassy. At one point she threw a fit because I wouldn’t let her ride her tricycle on the back patio naked. (Just ask Mrs. Flinger as she and I were attempting to “chat.”) Amelia woke up with Mount Vesuvius diaper spewage up one side and down the other, but no vomiting. And now my poor mother-in-law has the bug.

I’m going in to the office at 4 to do a phone interview. And maybe drink a beer if I can sneak one in.

1. mama_tulip says:

Oh, how I feel for you. Julia bounced back with the strength of a thousand bouncy balls when we all got sick and it took me days to recover. Hang in there…and I hope you don’t sick (and can sneak in that beer).

2. Mrs. Flinger says:

HEH. I seriously would’ve taken pictures before making her stop. But that’s just me. 🙂

Hope it all goes away soon!

3. Helene says:

Hope everyone feels well soon. Love the beer idea. If it keeps the bug away, by all means clone it. 🙂

4. Charla says:

Yuck! I feel for ya, girlie! The naked tricycle riding? That’s one to use as ammo when she’s 16…Mwahahaha!

I should have gotten a picture! Doh! I believe we will be pukey bug free for the weekend….yippeeeee.

6. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

Oh Jamie. I feel your pain. There is nothing…and I mean nothing that I hate more than stomach bugs. I hope that you dodge it! Isn’t it amazing how kids just snap back like that? I wish it were like that for us big people! 🙂

7. jag says:

Stomach bugs are my worst fear about becoming a parent, whenever that happens.

Until I start thinking about teenagedom.

Lily and Emma both got nekkid onthe porch THIS MORNING. Then Lily peed in the grass like our dog. It was a fine moment and I can just imagine the neighbors googling from their windows. sigh. TGIF! Stomach bug? My dog must have it too.

9. nancy says:

Hey, if you did have that beer, maybe the alcohol killed off the pukey germs?

Riding a bicycle naked sounds quite painful. eesh.

10. Jennifer says:

ICK! Heck, you ARE braver than I. When there is the flue going around our town I lysol visitors as they come in the house and avoid playgroup like the plague.