Chafe My Ass Friday III

Random randomness about the things that have irritated me this week:

I changed the ad on my blog sidebar template late last night because I just can’t leave well enough alone and I completely screwed up the format. Luckily the hubby advised me to copy and paste the code into a file a few weeks ago, as I am WordPress illiterate but I like to tinker with da blog. The file is on my work computer and today is my day off and although I heart my blog I do not heart it enough to drive to my office to retrieve the file. Now that would be superbly pathetic. Hopefully my template doesn’t look too wacky to you.

UPDATED: It is officially over the top wacky. It is GONE. I tried to fix it and made it worse. Lesson learned. Hopefully my sidebar will be back tomorrow.

Although I try my best to be Uber-Organized With It Mommy, I am consistently 10 minutes late. For everything. Sometimes I dance on the edge a little and I push it to 15 minutes. Because I’m crazy like that.

I stuck my bare hand into the washing machine to fish out what I thought was an innocuous brown leaf the other night only to realize it was a mutilated camel cricket. Lovely.

I took the time to clip and organize the coupons my mom saved for me only to realize I left the flippin’ coupon file thing at home the second I walked into the grocery.

If you need to vent before the weekend, feel free to unload your baggage onto my bloggy baggage carousel of stress. Hey, it’s free therapy. And happy Cinco de Mayo. We’ve already purchased our bottle of tequila.

1. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

ooooo..I wish I were drinking some margaritas with you right now! Tough week…
    Clueless real estate agent trying to sell my house.
    Trying to keep the house in “show” quality with 3 young kids…nervewracking and impossible.
    Dealing with friends and family members who cry everytime we talk about my moving 800 miles away in 6 weeks…I can’t keep smudging my makeup like this….or breaking my own heart over and over!!!!

2. Shauna says:

I made a special trip to the liquor store today for some Patron Silver. Unfortunately it’s been combined with an extra crappy margarita mix — I’ll make them from scratch sometime.

Speaking of being WordPress illiterate, I’ve noticed that you have the Sitemeter thingy on every page — my sidebar has it on the main and category pages, but not the individual post or comment page. Do you think this is just because of the template I’m using, or can it be fixed?

Shauna: I believe it is simply built in to my sidebar template in WordPress. I copied and pasted the Sitemeter code into my sidebar template and it automatically showed up on each page. I use a free template, Daisy Rae Gemini, from http://www.geeksmakemehot.com.

4. Mari says:

Oooh! Complaining! I’m in! Margaritas?! In!

Your coupon venting is exactly why I don’t clip coupons.

Honestly, my biggest ass-chafing is the magazine sale contest people running around our neighborhood, apparently lurking outside our door until they hear me put my daughter down for a nap.

Whew. All better. Thanks. Can you pass the salt?

5. sweatpantsmom says:

Ha! You’re not alone.

I’m good at making a very detailed grocery list (flow charts! footnotes!) and then losing it around thirty seconds after I step into the store. Look for me sometime – I’m the one banging her head against cooler in the dairy section.

6. Jill Butler says:

MMmm tequila!! You gotta love a good margarita.

I’m always late everywhere I go too. I know when I have to be somewhere, I just push everything until the last minute. I’m hopeless.

7. mama_tulip says:

The cricket…ewwww. That would have given me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

What’s chafing my ass right now is the fact that I’m absolutely bone-tired and my son has been up all. freakin’. night. screaming. It’s not even 6am and I’m up. With him.

8. Renee says:

I love the ass-chafing posts. It makes me realize that I’m not the only one ending every week with a chafed hiney!

9. Cityslicker mom says:

i like to tinker with my blog too,i’ve messed up a couple times too. Now i just leave it! 🙂

10. Courtney says:

My ass-chafing officially occured on Saturday, but I will throw it out there anyway. Why is it that whenever we’re getting ready to throw a party at our house, my husband just *has* to go get a haircut or wash the car or engage in some other task that is utterly useless to me and my party preparations? And it is *always* less than two hours before the guests arrive — you know, just when I am trying to tie up all the last minute tasks, get showered, possibly put on makeup and of course take care of our toddler. Let’s just say that I broke out the tequila looong before the guest arrived.

11. nancy says:

I know you and hubby are pretty tech savvy, but let me know if you need another couple of pairs of eyes to help with the sidebar — J and I do this stuff for fun. Yeah, we’re silly. But I know you get it. 😉

If I touched a dead cricket (CAMEL cricket?? sounds gross) I’d be hitting the margaritas too.

Nancy (and Mrs. F) thank you for offering to help. I managed to fix it. Yea for copy and pasting, which is the extent of my code tinkering expertise.