1. Trisha says:

Coming Right Up:

Trisha’s Famous Margaritas

36 oz. Margarita Mix (I use Mrs & Mr T’s)
    18 oz. Tequila
    6 oz. triple sec

Combine all ingredients. Serve Chilled.

Tip: I juice fresh limes then add enough mix to make 36 oz total. I usually use about 5-6 limes for a pitcher. You can add a splash of sprite or diet sprite at serving time for some fizz.

Great drink – hide the keys!

Oh Trisha! You are a woman after my own heart. Margaritas are my FAVORITE drink. How did you know? 😉

3. Nancy says:

Hey, may I come over to try some of Trisha’s margaritas? I’ll bring ant traps, and I’ll also bring Mimi to keep Caitlin company — they can go nuts putting stickers on coloring book pics! 🙂

Nancy, sounds great. Any excuse to drink margaritas. 🙂 Yep Caitlin must decorate everything with stickers. I was wiping everything down in the kitchen and when I saw her funny little Patrick picture on the fridge it made me smile. (Despite those damn ants!)

awww…i hate the ants but ehy aren’t near as bad as roaches…the flying ones. ergh. hope things settle down for you asap…dang ants.

6. Mrs. Flinger says:

OHhh, I’ve had the unwelcome guests. In fact, we have them. Can I have a cocktail if we have ants, too?

P.S. You said COCK-TAIL. :: giggles ::

7. malia says:

I’d rather have ants than brown recluse spiders. That’s the vermin that shows it nasty self around these parts this time of year.

8. lynfh says:

OMG! We have ants too. They are those big black ones. Right now the “Grants Ant Spikes” are on my kitchen counter baiting the bastards. Geeze I hate ants. Seems to be working so far. I had to reach for a sangria. Here is the recipe:

1 bottle (750ml) inexpensive medium-bodied Spanish red wine
    1 bottle (750ml) of coconut rum
    1 large fresh orange
    1 fresh lime
    5 fresh kiwi
    1 lb green grapes
    1 fresh mango
    1 lb fresh strawberries

Wash and cut fruit into small chunks. You do not need to peel fruit.
    Place fruit into a large cooler or adequate container.
    Pour full contents of wine and rum over fruit, mixing and stirring.
    Cover the cooler and let stand for 24 hours in a dark, cool place.
    Refrigeration is not necessary. It can be served straight or over ice.

Makes 30 servings – though I think it was more like 15. Cheers to the ant battle.

OK…maybe we need this “ant problem” more often. 🙂

Cheers! Thank you Lynfh for the recipe. That sounds wonderful!

10. Louise says:

You guys are making me thirsty!

P.S. My favorite margarita recipe substitutes light beer for triple sec or cointreau. Sounds strange but it’s really good!

Louises last blog post..Summer Solstice Strawberries with Grilled Shrimp Salad