Grandma’s Front Steps

Grandma’s Front Steps

Originally uploaded by blondemom.

The girls “pose” as best they can at my mother’s house Easter Sunday. Note, the stylish formal shoes. Caitlin has on her favorite Care Bears tennis shoes that we will some day have surgically removed from her feet and Amelia has on Baby GAP “jellies.” I always wore black patent leather dress shoes with white fold-down socks when I was a little girl but I guess I’m lax on the shoe dress code! Kudos to me, though, for somehow persuading Caitlin to wear a bow in her hair for more than 10 seconds! When we got in the car to drive home late Sunday from a day of Easter festivities and visiting family Caitlin said, “What a GREAT day!” And it was.

1. R*belle says:

Isn’t it funny that one is blonde and one is brunette? Thats how Beaux and Bella are. I hate it for her that he got this thick beautiful curly blonde hair and hers is stick straight brown. Of course my brother got the skinny gene and I hate him for that. Sigh.

I know! The hubby and I were both blonde as kids (now I pay for my blonde hair). My mother and her daddy were very brunette. Our little 13-month old nephew (my husband’s brother’s son) is a RED HEAD!

LOL on the skinny gene…scientists are going to learn to pinpoint that one, mark my word.

3. Bluegrass Mama says:

I had actually planned to let my daughter wear her lime green Crocs with her Easter outfit, since they matched, but she conned dh into buying her some cute sandals the day before. Fine by me, since by next year she’ll have outgrown them and they’ll fit ME!

4. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

My little one would prefer her sneakers, too…she’s a comfort kind of girl. My older daughter HAS to wear her “shiny party shoes”…EVERYWHERE…
    Your girls are sooo cute. Glad you had a wonderful day.

Pattie, the “shiny party shoes” sounds so cute. 🙂 I’m on a mission to get some Dora sandals this week and I bet those will be Caitlin’s new fave shoes.

6. Charla says:

It’s good to know that someone else’s children are very opinionated about shoes as well. I’m having the hardest time teaching SB that he really shouldn’t wear socks with his crocs and shorts. Ditto for socks and his boat shoes, as well as (gag) socks with his sandles. Guess he just loves socks. ?

Oh, I can imagine that the Dora shoes will be a BIG hit! They both really looked absolutely adorable anyway…makes me want to gobble them up like cotton candy.

7. Shauna says:

Jamie, what a sweet picture. It makes me yearn for another girl, a little bit. Sort of. Between being busy with company and fussy with teething this weekend, I didn’t even get an Easter picture of Pea. Perhaps I should put the dress back on her and take some fake ones later this week.

8. nancy says:

Too cute. I’m hoping someone got a picture of my 2 girls in their matching Easter attire… I was not so organized.

ahh! LOVE the shoes. My younger lives in the jellies and my older lives in these crocc-kncockoffs. At this point just keeping them in shoes is good enough for me. And big time kudos to you for the hairbow thang. It’s a very serious matter to keep it in the hair indeed!

10. AliceIacuzzo says:

Such two cute girls. I am sure you will have a good time each day due to them, am I right? However, I am a little sad at hearing of your removing Caitlin’s shoes surgically. Was Amelia being intrigued by your taking photo of her? So cute!