Weird, Weirder, Weirdest

I’ve been tagged by my blog pals Emily and Nancy to reveal six weird things about myself. It’s amazing how fast these things spread through the blogosphere. I don’t consider myself especially weird, but I have quirks. I’d describe myself as talkative, anal retentive, and a tad obsessive compulsive. Weird, not so much, although I realize I share some quirks with some of my blog friends.

Here are six weird and extremely boring factoids about moi:

I always start to clean the kitchen when it’s time to eat. It irritates the heck out of the hubby, who does a good deal of the cooking. I don’t like clutter and for some reason I can’t sit down at the table and relax if the kitchen is a wreck. When I cook, I tend to clean and tidy up along the way.

I don’t like to drink ice cold water, unless I’m outside and very hot. Most of the time I prefer it be more room temperature and will even go so far as to add hot water to my ice cold water at the office water cooler. This is also where I pause to obsess on how disgusting the opening to the water cooler looks and how I vow to bring a bottle of water to work next time and not use the shared water cooler.

I have a tendency to pick up sayings from other people. (I read that Miss Zoot does this and thought, “Hey, I do that, too!”) For example, my roommate in the early 90s said “Oh, me” all the time and I started saying it.

I also can’t walk past an open cabinet door without shutting it, like Nancy at MomMa’amMe.

As I child I had a pet Rhode Island Red chicken named Gertrude. I also had a pet chicken named Phyllis Diller. I’m not sure what kind of chicken P Diddy was, but she had a round feathered head that looked like a wig or a retro swimming cap.

I have descending size toes (it seems like most people’s second toe is longer than their big toe.)

I’m not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you do this, let me know so we can be weirdos together. And if you share some of my weirdness, let me know.

I tried to Google an image of the chicken but came up with some pretty bizarre results. I loved my pet chickens. Sniff…

Oh, and just FYI. Easter Peeps and Miller Lite don’t really go together.

2. nancy says:

I am also intrigued by the pet chicken thing. My mom spent part of her childhood on a farm and she HATES chickens — she always had to collect her eggs and they’d always peck her.

J and I have different cooking/cleanup styles, too. I clean as I go and he dirties every dish in the place, I swear! (and then I have to clean up…grr.) I also have the cleanup thing when we’re going on vacation — I cannot leave for a trip if the house is a mess!

Thanks for taking my tag challenge. 😉

I love that you clean the kitchen before eating. I wish you would come to my house and do that for me since I do most of the cooking and Shan does most of the eating. I think I will take your meme.

4. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

I’m with you on the clean kitchen, and preferring water at room temp.I wish my toes decended! It makes for a much more attractive foot, in my humble opinion!

Ya’ll better go visit Anne (www.texasbelle.net) as she and I share some weirdness.

Anne, I thought of one more thing…when I was in college I took a Folklore class and did a project on tabloid news coverage (we’re talking Weekly World News, National Enq.) Your alien abduction obsession reminded me of that. I got an A!

6. Emily says:

My husband leaves cabinet doors open All.The.Time. My house would drive you nuts!

Oh – and that water cooler is totally funky.

7. Bob says:

These facts are great! Do post some quotes too. I am looking for some quotes or sayings to be placed on my site. 🙂