Monday Musings

You know it’s been a rough night (thunderstorms and a coughing baby) when you wake up at 7 a.m. and you’re in bed with your 3-year-old, your husband is asleep on the couch, and your 40 pound dog is asleep…alone in the middle of your queen size bed.

Can someone invent coffee filter suspenders? Our coffee filters have a bad habit of falling down and then we have coffee grounds in our much needed morning coffee. Of course, I lust after this guy at the office, but I still need a little caffeine at home, especially on Mondays, to jumpstart my brain after being with the girlies all weekend.

Aren’t kid “fruit” snacks just gummy bears in disguise? Caitlin is obsessed with fruit snacks and I’ve just about convinced myself that they’re really healthy. As long as she doesn’t eat them for every meal, it’s OK, right?

The baby discovered the joy of water play in the toilet bare handed last weekend. Part of me was disgusted, but the family documentary maker in me was mad that I couldn’t find the camera.

It dawned on me yesterday that if I don’t stop straightening up after Caitlin when she takes a nap that she’s going to grow up believing the clean-up fairy visits whenever she’s sleeping. Now mommy could use a laundry fairy, yes she could.

1. Pattie (Domesticator) says:

Gee, what a lucky dog!
    Heard about the bad weather down there. Glad you made out OK.
    I could use a few of those fairies myself: the toilet paper fairy, the grocery shopping fairy, and oh yes, one of those laudry fairies sounds heavenly to me! Where do I sign up? 🙂

hahaha…yeah, those fruit snacks are nothing more than glorified candies. and all ids love candy, don’t they? the coffee filter suspenders image is hilarious. Have you considered using a french press instead? No filter to fuss with. Worst case, just strain it first with a tea strainer.

3. Renee says:

Those kids are obsessed with the toilet! My co-worker has that problem with her little boy all the time.

4. Kristen says:

Fruit snacks aren’t real fruit?! WTF?!

This explains a lot about my kids’ digestive, um, ISSUES.

5. nancy says:

If you’re putting in an order for a laundry fairy, I’d like to add one for my own household. I could use a clean-up fairy too, considering my girls are trashing the house as we speak…

6. Helene says:

Oooh, Oooo! please send the clean-up fairy to house when she’s through with yours 🙂 Have a great week

7. Emily says:

Boy, was it rough last night. The hail was so LOUD! We slept in the laundry closet about half the night, and then about 1am Jack and I moved into our bed. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep too well!

8. bridgermama says:

My bub won’t stop the coughing thing either! and yes fruitsnacks are gummybears. Clever marketing!

9. Jamie says:

Ya’ll, I’m just kidding on the fruit snacks at every meal although they make great BRIBES for Caitlin. 🙂
    Amelia is still coughing at night. Hopefully this is the last of the winter ’06 snot fests.

10. sweatpantsmom says:

Oh, all the fairies we have in our house.

There’s the clean-up fairy, the make-bed fairy, the clothes-hanging fairy.

Oh, and my kids’ favorite – the makin’ money fairy, who comes in handy when we’ve used all the cash growing on the trees.

11. Cityslicker mom says:

Get one of those reusable coffee filters. I love mine, you can use it over and over again and just put it in the dishwasher or rinse it everyday.