10 Years Worth of Change

Things I’ve done this week that I would have never dreamed of doing 10 years ago (when I was 26, single, and had no kids).

* Worried about getting home by 8 p.m. on a girls night out (well, dinner with two friends).
* Signed up to bring donuts to Teacher Appreciation Day today at daycare, but made no plans to drink green beer for St. Patrick’s Day. Erin Go Blah!
* Looked at a size 10 swimsuit and thought it looked more like a size 6 (surely that tag was wrong!)
* Watched “The Breakfast Club” on the AMC channel.
* Rejoiced that the baby is now on whole milk (no longer beholden to The Man, aka formula manufacturer, or The Boob, aka mommy.)
* Registered to participate in a children’s consignment sale (seems much easier than a yard sale, could be wrong when I start to fill out 50 index card tags).
*Read about Kenny Chesney coming to our downtown coliseum and thought for a split-second that sounded fun (yep, I sometimes listen to country music) until I realized the concert was in July. Sweaty, drunk fans in long lines anyone?
* Weighed the merits of infant Motrin versus Tylenol.
* Bypassed the women’s clothing area at TJ Maxx and headed straight to the kids’ department.
* Blogged.

1. Renee says:

Great post! I feel the same way. But, hey, the Kenny Chesney thing would be fun, right! I’m a little biased in that area.

2. Nancy says:

Oh yeah — what a world of difference 10 years makes!
    Even scarier is that next year will be my 20th high school reunion. *Gasp!*

hah! What a great totally random list! You could pass this along a your own meme, patent the thing, make millions…and whatnot.

4. Mrs. Flinger says:

:: nods :: Amen, sister. That TJ Max comment? V. True. I mean, LB doesn’t have to get depressed when something’s too small. That’s MUCH more fun to shop for!

Great list, girl!

5. mama_tulip says:

Oh, can I ever relate to some of these — especially number one. I went to the gym on Friday morning and left the kiddos at the on-site daycare there…the whole time I wondered if I was taking too long and if I should go get them.

And yeah, ten years ago I’d never have thought of blogging.

6. Mama C-ta says:

LOL so true, so true. I was just in TJ Maxx a couple weekends ago and I too headed straight for the kids. Then forced myself to look for me but wasn’t sure if I should still be shopping from the Juniors dept 🙂

PS – thanks for stopping by!