I Would be Bald By Now But

Daycare take six (as in sixth week) for the baby and she DID NOT CRY when Caitlin and I walked out of her room this morning. The stars are aligned. The sun is breaking through the clouds. If our life was a Disney movie, Elton John would be singing something. My baby girl is growing up. All this on a Monday, International OhGodPlease Don’tLeaveMeMama Day.

Daycare has been a tougher adjustment for Amelia than Caitlin, who started when she was only 13 weeks old. When you’re 3 months old anyone with a full set of teeth and nice lap to sit on is A-OK. When you’re 10 months old, you want mama 24/7. No one is as good as mama. No one knows your little idiosyncracies like mama. No one knows when you are really upset or just faking it like mama. Amelia is bar none a mama’s girl, while Caitlin is a daddy’s girl.

The hubby and I took Amelia to the pediatrician this afternoon. She didn’t eat like her usual Miss Piggy self at school and her teacher called to alert me because I told her Amelia had had a stomach bug this weekend. When I called the pediatrician’s office to see if I should bring her in, the nurse said she wanted to make sure Amelia wasn’t dehydrated. Turns out the stomach bug is so yesterday that they didn’t even suggest Pedialyte (Did you know that March is vomiting and diarrhea month, according to our pediatrican? We got it early.) But her ears are still infected. She got a shot, a prescription for a FOURTH antibiotic, and ear drops. I would be bald in patches now from ripping my hair out but Caitlin did the same thing her first winter and magically outgrew ear infections at age one. So, we’re crossing our fingers Amelia inherits that trait from her sister.

Amelia is moving to the big wide frontier of the one-year-olds’ classroom at daycare March 13. I know she’ll be ready. Now will mama be ready? Probably not.

Affiliate link used.

1. bridgermama says:

Yippee, Amelia! Congrats that must be a huge load off of your shoulders. I am sending positive, healthy vibes your way!

2. nancy says:

Good luck with the ear infections — I hope Amelia does outgrow them and doesn’t have to go the tube route (we did with our oldest). Sounds like she’s adjusting to day care quite nicely!

3. Busy Mom says:

I hate it when they have to move up! It’s harder on me than it is them. I hope Miss A. is better soon.

4. mama_tulip says:

*~*~*Feel better vibes*~*~* for Amelia! Man, it’s been a brutal winter this year for the sickies, hasn’t it?

BTW, have I told you how much I love the name Amelia?

poor baby! my first is a daddy’s girl too and my second? so far all sourcs point to a mommy’s girl. stop the insanity already. i’m sure A will take to the older one year old class like a fish to water.

6. Jamie says:

She got spoiled by her Mimi today and went to bed at 6:30….crossing my fingers she feels better tomorrow and is back to eating like crazy again. She may only have two teeth, but she can put away some serious food. Thanks everyone!

7. Emily says:

Hope she’s getting over that ear infection. We see the pediatrician Friday and I am hoping Jack is over his first!

8. Mrs. Flinger says:

I’m sorry, did you just say March is vomit and diaharea month?

YIPEEE!!! (sigh)

I’m glad she’s adjusting better. I stopped going to the gym because I hate the screaming. But yesterday when I dropped LB off at her babysitters (seeing as how I never EVER go to the gym anymore, I wouldn’t know to commpare it to that) she waved at me, blew me a kiss, stood at the door and smiled.

Mommy-guilt be gone! 🙂