Monday Musings

Is wearing khaki shorts to the office in February carrying the casual dress code a bit too far?

Was Tivo trying to tell me something this morning by taping a Denise Austin exercise show focusing on “buns?”

How lucky am I to have my alma mater associated with a frat prank/goat sex scandal? I suppose that’s a bit more appropriate for the News of the Weird than the hometown funeral home director scandal or the torched trailer adjacent to my mother’s farm scandal.

Co-workers who reveal they were born the year you started high school should stay 10 feet away from you at all times (just kidding…she’s very nice, but this reminded me that I am no longer in the young recent graduates club.)

Job applicants should change their personal e-mail addresses listed in their contact information if they include the words party, hot, or slacker.

1. R*Belle says:

The last one happens all the time. “I want to say, look I have 50 Bazillion Gmail invites! Take one!” And I have to say that frat took hazing a step too far! i always thought the goa thing was a rumor. Gotta go, must.ask.Mr.Belle.if.the.goat.thing.was.real.

2. Joel says:

1. Khaki Shorts – bold, maybe not completely fashion pc…but bold.
    2. My wife and I swear that either Tivo has a total mind of its own or the people on the other end of the phone line get their kicks doing the equivalent of programming practical jokes.
    3. Deny you’ve ever heard of the school…deny you went to college at all if necessary.
    4. 10 feet plus they should not make eye contact and speak only when spoken to.
    5. True but it is refreshing to get a peek inside the person’s real personality.

3. Charla says:

Khaki shorts in February?!?! In Tennessee!?!?!?!? Eeehh.

Sometimes I think my TiVo has a slight mental breakdown. Just thumbs-down it so Mr. TiVo won’t make that mistake again.

I mean, rilly, AGRs…Goat sex is SOOOOOO 1980!

I feel ya on the “I’m no longer in the young recent graduates club.” My point of realization? My baby sister graduates college this May. She’s 8 years younger than me.

It shocks the bejezus out of me when I get an email address from a student that has “69” somewhere in it. I teach 7th graders, BTW. Very SCARY!!!!

4. nancy says:

I don’t think I would ever wear shorts to work, but that’s an artifact of my workplace and the state of my legs. 😉

I never get why people who are job-hunting, trying to establish a reputable business, or corresponding with elderly relatives would have any sort of provocative e-mail. I mean, you can get free accounts anywhere! Just have more than one and use the serious-named one appropriately! It won’t cramp your style, people!

5. Jamie says:

I must clarify that I definitely did NOT wear the khaki shorts to work. My legs are way too white…they would blind my co-workers! Oh, and it is definitely too cold for shorts, although I am anxious for spring!

6. Emily says:

I don’t wear shorts unless it’s REALLY hot out.

But at OUR office – you know you can get away with it! You won’t be the only one with the February khaki shorts!

As much as the odd email addresses, folks that did not even take the time to proof their resume really got me!