New York City, 2010, during BlogHer. Photo by the fabulous Amy Allen Clark, Mom Advice
Welcome to my corner of the Internet! I’m a Nashville working mom who loves social media, fashion, travel, and a margarita on the rocks (preferably on the beach.) I launched my blog in 2005 when my younger daughter was in diapers. My first tagline was Blogging Between Deadlines and Diapers Changes but over the years my blog has evolved from one of the first mom blogs to more of a lifestyle blog. Like you, I try to juggle it all – work, motherhood, marriage, car pooling, sports practices, science projects, and hormones.
I have two amazing daughters, Miss C and Miss A. Miss C has played soccer for years and just joined her middle school track team and Miss A is an avid reader, plays the piano, and is an aspiring writer.
Although we live in the suburbs, I’m a country girl at heart. I had pet chickens, read lots of Nancy Drew, and couldn’t wait to get my driver’s license so I could cruise “town” with my friends. I’m a Leo, barely 5 ft. 2, and afraid of heights and opening cans of biscuits. I met my husband in high school and he puts up with my many blonde moments, hence my blog’s name. I am not glamorous or a bimbo.
I blog about everything from parenting to our beloved mutts to whatever else tickles my fancy, from pop culture to poop. I struggle to find 5 minutes of peace and quiet that don’t involve sitting on, or cleaning, a toilet. I’m definitely not at a perfect mom or Martha Stewart. You’ll find more dog hair than DIY at our house!
As a professional blogger I’ve been fortunate to work with several national brands and have been invited attend some noteworthy blogger events:
I enjoy sharing our family travel experiences and have reviewed fantastic destinations such as the Westin and Sheraton in gorgeous Los Cabos, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and St. Augustine, Florida, my husband’s old stomping grounds. This year we’ve been focusing on local travel, with a recent trip to Wilderness at the Smokies and a summer trip planned for Gatlinburg.
Social media? I am a fan girl…
- 6,000+ Twitter followers; 1,700+ Facebook fans; 3,500+ Pinterest followers; 1,100 Instagram followers
- Featured blogger on the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt Wishing Well blog
- Since 2014: P.S. Aeropostale for Kids VIP blog ambassador; Verizon ambassador; VeggieTales eVegelist; Tuesday Morning blogger
- Vicks Vapo Rub ambassador, 2011-2012
- Featured in The Digital Mom Handbook, 2011
- Bulldog Reporter PR University Panelist, Top Mommy Bloggers Tell PR About Hottest Trends, Pitching Tips, and Editorial Hooks, 2011
- Nintendo ambassador since 2010
- Lee Jeans ambassador since 2009
- Past Nashville travel mom writer at TravelingMom.com
I have a journalism degree from Western Kentucky University. and I am the newly appointed president of Femfessionals Nashville. I am a jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops kind of mom, although I once got my glamour girl on in Beverly Hills.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Disclosure: I occasionally use affiliate links on my blog, primarily for Amazon and Zulily.