New York City, 2010, during BlogHer. Photo by the fabulous Amy Allen Clark, Mom Advice
Welcome to my corner of the Internet! I’m a Nashville working mom who loves social media, travel, and a margarita on the rocks (preferably on the beach.) I launched my blog in October 2005 when my younger daughter was in diapers. My first tagline was Blogging Between Deadlines and Diapers Changes but over the years my blog has evolved from one of the very first mom blogs to more of a lifestyle blog. Like you, I try to juggle it all – work, motherhood, marriage, car pooling, sports practices, science projects, hormones, and more.
I have two amazing daughters, Miss C and Miss A. Miss C plays travel soccer and is active in Girl Scouts and Miss A is an avid reader and writer.
Although we live in the ‘burbs, I’m a country girl at heart. I had pet chickens, read lots of Nancy Drew, and couldn’t wait to get my driver’s license so I could cruise “town” with my friends. I’m a Leo, barely 5 ft. 2, and afraid of heights and opening cans of biscuits. I met my husband in high school and he puts up with my many blonde moments, hence my blog’s name. I am not glamorous or a bimbo.
I blog about everything from parenting to our beloved mutts to whatever else tickles my fancy, from pop culture to poop. Speaking of poop, I struggle to find 5 minutes of peace and quiet that don’t involve sitting on, or cleaning, a toilet. I’m definitely not at a perfect mom or Martha Stewart. You’ll likely find more dog hair than DIY at our house.
I’ve been fortunate to work with several national brands and have been invited attend the following blogger events:
We LOVE to travel and I enjoy sharing our family travel experiences and have reviewed fantastic destinations such as the Westin and Sheraton in gorgeous Los Cabos, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, and St. Augustine, Florida, my husband’s old stomping grounds.
Social media? I am a fan girl…
- 5,600+ Twitter followers; 1,600+ Facebook fans; nearly 2,500 RSS feed subscribers
- Periodic features in The Tennessean’s Family section
- Quarterly guest blogger on the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt’s Wishing Well blog
- Past guest blogger at TravelingMom.com
- Vicks Vapo Rub ambassador, 2011-2012
- Featured in The Digital Mom Handbook, 2011
- Bulldog Reporter PR University Panelist, Top Mommy Bloggers Tell PR About Hottest Trends, Pitching Tips, and Editorial Hooks, 2011
- Lee Jeans ambassador since 2009
- Nintendo ambassador since 2010
- P.S. Aeropostale for Kids VIP blog ambassador 2014
I have a journalism degree from Western Kentucky University and work as a social media strategist for digital marketing agency The A Group. I proudly serve on the boards for Every Girl Counts (and traveled with them to Kenya in February 2013) and Femfessionals Nashville. I am a jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops kind of mom, although I once got my glamour girl on in Beverly Hills.
Thanks so much for stopping by. You keep me bloggin’!
Disclosure: I occasionally use affiliate links on my blog, primarily for Amazon and Zulily.
Note to PR and marketing firms and potential advertisers:
Contact me at blondemomblog @ gmail.com I publish sponsored posts and giveaways with a prize value of $100 on BlondeMomBlog, with exposure on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus. I publish general product reviews and giveaways on BlondeMomShops. I enjoy reviewing fashion for myself and my girls and regularly participate in a Fashion Friday round up, and I also enjoy trying new beauty products (especially skincare products for women 40 and older), small appliances, food, wine, and travel destinations.
Latest posts by Blonde Mom (see all)
- It Takes Talent to Blow Up Small Appliances Without Trying - September 16, 2014
- Saturday Girl Power Feel Good Playlist - September 13, 2014
- Fashion Friday: Forever 21 Fall Finds When You Are Anything But 21 - September 12, 2014