I always think of myself as a summer girl. I was born in August and summer is full of sunshine and warmth and long languid days. But when it comes right down to it, I’m a total October fan girl.
A few of my favorite fall decorations at our house and pictured above, pumpkin patch bounty in Cross Plains, Tennessee, near the Kentucky border
Here are 10 reasons I love October and fall and all its glory.
- Fall Decorations – I adore decorating for fall. I’m not a big decorate for every holiday sort of person, but fall decorations make me happy.
- Boots – I’m no Carrie Bradshaw when it comes to shoes, but day-um do I love my boots! I love my “fall uniform” – boots, jeans and a comfy sweater.
- Crisp Mornings – Summers in Nashville wear me out with the humidity, so crisp mornings are a little gift from nature that say, “You made it through sweaty town, girl!” I love walking (my FitBit is one of my favorite things) and there’s nothing better than walking in the fall, especially on the greenway near our house.
- Pumpkin Everything – Bring on the PUMPKIN! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin bread...yeah.
- Fall Events – Festivals, pumpkin patches, corn mazes…there’s always something to do every week in Middle Tennessee.
- Scary Movies – OK I’m not a big fan of horror flicks, but I do love spooky lite.
- Fall Foliage – There’s nothing prettier than a beautiful autumn day in Tennessee when the leaves are at their peak and the weather is crisp and cool.
- Halloween – My girls get so excited about Halloween and it’s hard not to share that excitement. They love decorating, dressing up and enjoying all the Halloween TV specials, movies and books we have collected over the years. Even my teenager still loves the Charlie Brown Halloween special we have on DVD!
- Sweater Weather – Fall means breaking out my favorite sweaters, layering up and feeling, and dressing, cozy.
- Being a Homebody – I would consider myself an introverted extrovert. I love getting out, but in the fall I love staying home and enjoying fall cooking, like a big pot of chili, turning on the fire and curling up under a big blanket with a good book.
What do you love about fall? Are you a fan of October?