10 Classic Outfit Ideas For Leggings And Tights

When you need to dress comfortably to handle holiday food and shopping, tights and leggings are the perfect choice.

There’s a fine line between trashy and classy when it comes to leggings. Here are a few tips:

• Cover your ASSETS girl! Wear a tunic, long tee or cardi to ensure your tush is covered when you stand. Besides, I’ve seen enough of Kim Kardashian’s butt lately to last an eternity.
  • Opt for boots or booties, classic heels or flats. Don’t wear tennis shoes unless you are hitting the gym. If you DO wear athletic shoes, stick with a classic like Converse.
  • Black leggings are slimming and can be dressed up or down.
  • Dress in layers – indoor and outdoor temps can vary widely in the fall and winter. It’s better to be able to remove a layer, such as a classic blazer or vest, than not!

Hanes sent me several of their new fall and winter tights and leggings. I LOVE their comfy black corduroy leggings. I also love their solid cotton leggings. This was my outfit of choice for Turkey Day after receiving Hanes’ burgundy leggings. I wore black boots from Elaine Turner, a black cowl neck top from Target (similar), and a black open cardi. I was comfortable ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. Yeah! Thankful for that.

Hanes leggings

Check out these fun Hanes animal pattern tights! I wear a lot of black and these are perfect for adding a bit of fun to an otherwise monochromatic outfit. I Tweeted this pic from work. I paired the tights with a Banana Republic charcoal jersey dress and my purple wool coat.

animal print tights

Leggings Outfit Ideas

Here are 10 outfit ideas for wearing leggings and tights in fall and winter:

bright scarf vest black leggings

With neutral black and white, an oversized black bag, all paired with a bright scarf.

bright rain boots whites

Winter white crewneck, white leggings, and bright Hunter rain boots

open cardi infinit scarf

Open cardi, booties and a chunky infinity scarf

sparkle tank

Neutral sequins and sheer top and gold accessories, such as a classic watch.

Tribal sweater leggings boots

Tribal aztec motif sweater and tan scrunch boots

shawl and scarf

Camel cashmere shawl and plaid blanket scarf

chambray riding boots

Denim button down, white tee and riding boots

plaid shirt dress leggings

Plaid shirt dress and boots

tunic and boots

Tunic striped tee, statement necklace, and boots

chunky sweater leather leggings

Chunky neutral sweater, black leather jacket and black boots

I’m linking up today to Fashion Friday, which is hosted by some of my favorite bloggers such as Mom Generations (who lists TONS of Black Friday deals today), Friday Favorites, from One Stylish Mom and a little jo and Fab Favorites from Style Elixir and Earnest Style.

Disclosure: Amazon affiliate links used.

fashion friday blog linky

Friday Favorites One Stylish Mom

Style Elixir

• Jamie says:

I like that look, too! I don’t have a chambray button down but it’s on my wish list! Thanks for visiting. 🙂 Oh and I wore those burgundy leggings yesterday, too!

1. Alisa Anne says:

I too agree on coveringh your assets. Leggings are on trend once again and they are comes in variety of colors, styles and pattern. I like to wear my leggings with long tops.

2. Abby says:

I love leggings! They’re such a basic piece of clothing and can be worn several ways. Love your tips, too!

Checking your [pst from the linkup. I hope you can swing by my blog too, or connect on social media if you want? Either way, I’d love to hear from you. xo

Abby,

3. Lisa Hayden says:

Hi Jamie,
    I think Leggings are the perfect clothing for daily life and ocassions as well. I think they suite each and every age of female.
    These days printed leggings are more in fashion and demand.

4. Erin says:

What is the brand of the riding boots that you have shown in your post “Denim button down, white tee and riding boots”? Thanks!

5. Lotus Leggings says:

Hi Jamie Reeves,
    Thanks for sharing this post. From my point of view, Leggings are the perfect wears during yoga, exercise, workouts and you can feel free to wear them at homes.
    Thanks

6. Dorthy Defoor says:

Are you seeking effective online marketing that delivers real results? I apologize for sending you this message on your contact form but actually that was the whole point. We can send your advertising copy to websites through their contact pages just like you’re getting this message right now. You can target by keyword or just go with bulk blasts to sites in the location of your choice. So let’s assume you need to send an ad to all the interior decorators in the US, we’ll scrape websites for only those and post your ad message to them. As long as you’re advertising some kind of offer that’s relevant to that business category then you’ll get an amazing response!

Type up a quick note to jacob3640wod@gmail.com to get info and prices

7. Ariel Maki says:

Good morning, I was just visiting your website and submitted this message via your feedback form. The contact page on your site sends you these messages to your email account which is the reason you are reading through my message right now right? This is the most important achievement with any kind of advertising, getting people to actually READ your message and that’s exactly what I just accomplished with you! If you have an ad message you would like to promote to lots of websites via their contact forms in the US or to any country worldwide let me know, I can even focus on your required niches and my costs are very reasonable. Shoot me an email here: lethamidurr@gmail.com