Disclosure: Chrysler paid for my travel expenses, including hotel accommodations and car rental, to attend the #Chrysler200 test-drive experience in Louisville, Kentucky.
I’ve been driving an SUV since 2002, the year my life would be changed by this joy ride called motherhood (don’t get me wrong, I’ve also had my share of parenting potholes!) SUVs have always been the perfect choice for me as chief mom chauffeur as I drive my girls around town, from school to soccer games, and just the right size for transporting all of our soccer gear and then some. I’ve delivered everything from dogs to Girl Scout cookies in my SUV. Sedans, or so I thought, were not really sporty or “me.”
When Chrysler invited to to a test drive event for the 2015 #Chrysler200 sedan in Louisville I was excited to personally experience what this car was all about. Louisville is a short road trip from Nashville and the bloggers and automotive writers were staying at 21C, one of my favorite boutique hotels.
I arrived Saturday evening and we all enjoyed networking during dinner. There’s a side story here about how I managed to gracefully spill an entire glass of red wine on myself, but miss my dinner table cohorts and my brand spankin’ new iPhone. What can I say? I am graceful as well as strategic when it comes to wine spillage.
On Sunday we all were shuttled over to Louisville Slugger Field (thankfully indoors…it was a wee bit chilly) to hear from Chrysler representatives, including members of the design and engineering team. One thing that’s always eye opening to me is the amount of work and thoughtfulness that goes into a new car model, and the Chrysler 200 is an excellent example of the melding of design and technology, all with the driver in mind. It became obvious to me while listening to the Chrysler team that this car had many talented, passionate people behind the design and technology.
Highlights of the 2015 Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan that stood out to me:
- Starting price for the 200 LX is a reasonable $21,7000 (the 200 C base price is $25,995)
- The 2015 is designed, engineered, and built in Michigan.
- Thoughtful design went into the look and even the feel of the interior. The interior trim color and trim were inspired by American geographic icons such as 5th Avenue in New York City, Sausalito, California, and Detroit. The Detroit skyline is embossed on the rubber mat in the bottom of the pass-through storage of the center console, also designed with optimum efficiency and style. The exterior design is also inspired by the “face of Chrysler,” with emphasis on repeated accents of the iconic Chrysler wing.
- The 200 is a tech nerd’s dream – the large LED full color instrument panel offers information and data. The car can be turned into a Wifi hot spot and the U-Connect feature connects with radio apps as Pandora and Slacker Radio (seriously how cool is THAT?) You receive a five-year trial (U-Connect links with your smartphone data plan.)
- The 2015 Chrysler 200 gets an impressive estimated 35 mpg highway and it boasts a V-6 engine with 295 horsepower. Translation, this baby will go!
- The Chrysler 200 features a best-in-class all-wheel-drive-system. All-wheel drive is key for driving in bad road conditions, and with our up and down weather in Nashville this “spring,” it’s so key.
- Great thought went into maximizing every interior space while paying great attention to cosmetic appeal for the maximum driver experience, including the center console, which features a power supply and media center for holding your smart phone and concealing cords.
- Safety features include Parksense parallel/perpendicular park assist as well as rear backup sensors (which I so need) and Lane Sense Departure Warning.
- The Chrysler 200 features a six-speaker sound system (an upgrade to a 10-speaker Alpine sound system is also available.)
Hello beautiful…the leather interior of the 2015 Chrysler 200 is like buttah!
The real test for me for getting to know a car is getting behind the wheel. My partner-in-crime was Allen Mireles and she and I hit it off and had a blast driving the Chrysler 200 on the way to Hermitage Farm, a nice drive in the country, albeit a tad on the curvy road spectrum. That’s where I really got to test out the capabilities of the Chrysler 200 and experience what a smooth ride it was.
Taking a car talk break to pose with Allen Mireles, my driving partner, just before he head out to test drive the 2015 Chrysler 200. Loved this dark charcoal exterior color!
No event is complete without food and we ended the evening at, appropriately enough, a wood-fire pizza joint in downtown Louisville called Garage on Market.
(L-R, clockwise) Test driving makes a girl hungry! Post test-drive dinner crew included Jen from The Mom Reviews, Scotty from She Buys Cars, Kim Orlando from Traveling Mom, and me at a fabulous and fun Garage on Market in downtown Louisville.
Do you drive a sedan? What appeals to you about a sedan? What features do you look for in a new vehicle?
Fast Fact: Women buy more than half of the new cars in the U.S. and influence up to 80% of all car purchases. (Source: The Next Web.)
Latest posts by Blonde Mom (see all)
- Budget Friendly Spring Dress Options - 2015-03-27
- Tips To Help Your Child Fly Solo - 2015-03-24
- All About That Beach: Seven Sexy One-Piece Swimsuits - 2015-03-20