We’ve been puppy sitting for my nephew for the past several days while he’s been on his Vandy senior trip to Destin.
I wasn’t sure how much more 100 proof crazy I wanted to add to the crazy cocktail around here, but Bear the puppy has been a fun little guy to have around. My mom found him abandoned in the road near her house out in the country and my nephew ended up finally rescuing him.
We turned the leash back tonight. He’s been a lot of fun and he’s also reminded me why I’m OK with not having a puppy. They are adorable, but they are also a lot of work…kind of like babies (more on that later!)
Bear had a great visit with his two dog cousins and we took him with us this weekend to Bowling Green, Kentucky, for Miss C’s travel soccer tournament where he was very well behaved and got gobs of attention. The girls, not surprisingly, have loved having a puppy around. This must be a little glimpse at what it will be like some day (many days) to watch your grandchildren. You get all of the temporary fix of cuteness, minus all the long-term commitment stuff like potty training and explaining why you can’t eat popsicles for breakfast.
Tres Amigos – Bear, Zoey, and Jack
My Top 5 Ways Puppies are Just Like Babies:
1. They are total chick magnets.
Cute girls can’t get enough of puppies.
2. Being around them turns you into a poop stalker – when was the last poop, where was the last poop, was there anything odd consistency wise about said poop?
3. You watch them constantly to make sure they don’t eat anything weird. Mulch, crumbs on the kitchen floor, unsuspecting naked Barbies.
Barbie never knew what hit her.
4. You can’t believe how much energy they have as in “why aren’t you totally exhausted and SLEEPING by now?”
5. You can’t stop taking their picture to capture the cute.
My job is to be completely adorable. Yours?
When was the last time you got y our puppy fix?
Latest posts by Blonde Mom (see all)
- Champions for Kids: Help End Hunger in Your Community Schools - April 23, 2014
- The Easter Bunny Doesn’t Bring Uggs And Other Heartbreaking News - April 21, 2014
- 10 Steps To Spring Clean Your Social Media - April 21, 2014