Zoey and Jack equal one impressive pet dander factory.
This giveaway is closed. The winner is LizP who commented May 5: “All the features are great, I like it most that it is ultra quiet.”
Edited to Add: I had the price point of the purifier incorrect – it is a $499 value, and not $399 (I had published the sale price.) The price has now been reflected in the post. Thanks ya’ll!
There are many things I consider cool. And yes I may be 42 years old but I still know my cool people!
Allergies? Not cool.
Modern, sleek, hip looking air purifier like something out of the Matrix? Cool.
Not long ago I was invited to an Oreck AirInstinct Air Purifier launch party here in Nashville. I had no idea what to expect but it was a lovely evening and I was impressed with Oreck’s very down-to-earth CEO, Doug Cahill, who seemed genuinely excited to speak with local bloggers about how Oreck was using social media to help spread the news about its new line of air purifiers. Oreck may be an old school company, but they are embracing the future.
I know what you’re thinking…Oreck? Aren’t they those fancy pants vacuum people?
Yes. Yes they are. They are also based here in Middle Tennessee, which I must confess I did not realize, AND they also are now manufacturing an incredible line of air purifiers.
Living in Nashville is pretty much like living in a pollen burrito. I tend to have seasonal allergies in the spring and fall…Bradford Pears kill me. My poor husband, however, has been tested twice in his life for allergies (you know…the lovely pin prick your arm to pieces test) and is basically allergic to everything on this planet except for pet dander. Lucky for him as we have two dogs! Score one for the canines!
You may think that dirty air is limited to the great outdoors, but it’s not. The air in our homes has pollen, dust, pet dander, and smoke particles that are so microscopic and lightweight that they can remain suspended in the air for hours. In fact, according to the EPA, the air inside your home may be up to 5 times more polluted than the air outside.
I was really excited to bring home a beautiful, and I am not being sarcastic, sleek AirInstinct 200 air purifier from Oreck. Not only is it a very contemporary and hip design, but it’s quiet (although you can turn the fan on higher for white noise which I personally love while sleeping) and the HEPA filter lasts for THREE YEARS. Three years! That’s longer than a Kardashian marriage my friends.
Other features I love:
- It cleans rooms up to 248 sq. ft. (we’ve been using it in our master bedroom)
- It’s ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Its smart air sensor features automatic shut-off, so it only cleans the air when it needs to, and 4 speeds
- A fun color changing feature (that can be turned off at night) shows you when the filter is really working…it’s like cool mood lighting
And now for the really fun part.
One very lucky BlondeMomBlog reader will win an AirInstinct 200 Air Purifier from Oreck, value at $499!
Simply visit Oreck online and take a look at their line of air purifiers and then come back and leave a comment here about what feature most appeals to you..
For up to six additional entries to this giveaway (please leave a new and separate comment on this post for each of these you do):
- Let me know if you are a fan of Oreck on Facebook
- Let me know if you are a fan of BlondeMomBlog on Facebook
- Follow Oreck on Twitter
- Post to Twitter the following: I entered to win an incredible $499 @Oreck air purifier on @BlondeMomBlog!
- Follow BlondeMomBlog on Twitter
- Follow BlondeMomBlog on Pinterest
I’ll select a winner from all eligible comments using Random.org; giveaway closes at midnight CST Monday, May 14. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents, ages 18 and up. Winner will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is randomly selected.
Disclosure: I received an AirInstinct 200 air purifier to test and keep from Oreck and attended a party to learn more about the product.
Latest posts by Blonde Mom (see all)
- Get Your Jam On With Sol Republic Wireless Headphones (#Giveaway) - August 26, 2014
- Nashville: Lower Prices Coming to a Kroger Near You - August 18, 2014
- Effective Time Management Tips To Organize Your Busy Life - August 13, 2014