The whole Blonde Mom Blog gang at my mom’s with her resident farm dog, Callie.
Top 10 Thanksgiving Break Moments (and it’s not even over yet):
1. Miss A sweetly asking that I “tuck her in the I love you way” Wednesday night.
2. My mom’s amazing pumpkin pie and beautiful table setting skills. She has had the same gorgeous china and silver since I was a little girl.
3. Getting to see my niece Sarah who flew in last minute from New York.
4. Going for a walk on my mom’s land and discovering the biggest catfish skull I have ever seen in my life. Seriously ya’ll this fish head was prehistoric looking and I should have taken a picture of it but I didn’t really want to document it. I told my husband that if it was 20 years ago he’d be mounting it on the wall in his apartment.
5. Watching the girls help hubby pick turnip greens in my mom’s garden.
6. Having seconds, OK OK thirds, of my mother-in-law’s delicious sweet potato casserole.
7. Realizing at one moment last night that 5 out of 6 adults were in the den watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special while the kids were in another room hog tying their uncle because it wouldn’t be a holiday in the South if someone didn’t break out the rope and the mad wrestling skills.
8. Enjoying lovely Christmas music in the car except for Miss C requesting we change the station every other song which honestly kind of broke the mood of lovely. I’m getting that girl an MP3 player and headphones for Christmas.
9. Scoring the “must have” Santa toy online Thanksgiving morning so I can enjoy my coffee today at home in my pjs. I may even wear my pjs ALL DAY.
10. Realizing how lucky I am to have such an amazing family.
How was your Thanksgiving? Are you in your pjs today or are you a Black Friday shopper?
p.s. On Monday I am posting a HUGE giveaway sponsored by South Walton beaches for a $100 American Express card and a gorgeous bracelet from their artist of the year, Allison Craft. You definitely want to check it out!