The Geek Girl Guide To Gifting

Here are some fun finds for the blogger on your shopping list from one of my happiest places on Earth, Etsy.

This laptop sleeve by Go Ask Alice features a fun print and if you have any coffee or wine spillage it just might help that it’s made of oilcloth.

Love this hand-stamped Twitter ID necklace from Spiffingjewelry. I’ve never seen one like this in person, but I really love hand-stamped silver jewelry so I may have to order this as a belated Christmas present for myself.

This print from keepcalmshop would look great in my imaginary fantasy home office that will soon be featured on HGTV during an imaginary special about fabulous home offices.

I also like this fun sign from jenniferramos

Oh my! Love this purple laptop bag from ickadybag. Way to girly up your geek gear.

Love these recycled wooden word signs from WilliamDohman, although I’d probably opt for one of the antiqued finishes. The holla sign in gold makes me laugh. Oh and I love the eat sign for the kitchen. Or anywhere really. I mean I can and do eat anywhere, even my car.

For word nerds like me, these monster grammar magnets from vozamer on Etsy are a fun way to brighten a day of proofreading or editing.

Love these fingerless texting and typing gloves handmade by seahorsedesigns. This pair features a pretty vintage button and are priced at $30, but she has several plain varieties of gloves for $17.

Although not an Etsy find, I think the new Qi universal inductive phone charger that Energizer is touting is pretty slick.

And of course I saw one of these babies at Target yesterday and as much as I say I don’t really want or need one, I wouldn’t kick him out of bed.

What’s on your geek girl wish list?

Disclosure: None of these finds were pitched to me…just some fun finds I thought I’d share with my readers.

1. Kaye says:

I really want some texting gloves. It has been so cold lately and I find myself constantly removing my gloves to use my phone. But hey, I can’t complain, I received my iPad early. There was no way it was going under the tree.

2. dildos says:

If you thinking about gifting something to a girl who likes gadgets and other related things then gifting an iPhone will indeed make it to be a very good thing to have and the iPad will just be an interesting addition to it.

3. Jackie says:

I love http://www.etsy.com! I’ve bought a couple of necklaces from there (so I have a necklace addiction, I can’t help it!), as well as other fun items. I’ve also bought a number of gifts. It’s a nice place to do something other than Old Navy or Macys or something. ASsuming you have friends who like something non commercial every once in awhile. For kids though, I always go to http://www.powercapes.com. I think their capes are fun and imaginative. I even had capes made for my dogs. And friends. And friends kids. Hey, at least no one needs a Halloween costume! 🙂

4. My Crazy Website says:

Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I would like to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and on no account seem to get one thing done.

5. Mark says:

I think as technology gets better and we all seem to have everything then when it comes to Xmas gift ideas lets go back and have some uh a go or quirky and unusual gifts and bring back the smiles. The texting gloves are great !

6. Deandre says:

I just like the valuable information you supply on your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here regularly. I’m rather sure I will learn many new stuff proper right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

7. Damion says:

Me ha tu blog. Es de gran apoyo para todas las mujeres casaderas.
    Es muy difícil localizar informaciones que [traten sobre bodas y que ofrezcan información útil y original. He visto varios post tuyos y son verdaderamente interesantes.En el futuro seguiré tus textos. Gracias y un saludo!!