1. Jennifer says:

Not at all. If she has shown an interest, a genuine one (you know where they nag you for it for 6 months without letting up), then sure!

We started Morgan in Piano at 6, however I would have started her much earlier had there been an instructor where we were. Since she was 18 months old she’s been a little obsessive about music. I looked into it when she was 2 or so, and I was told that 3 is a great age to start. But at the time I didn’t want to drive 45 minutes for a 20 minute lesson.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Oh my head, this and that =-.

2. Jamie says:

She loves to make up songs (REALLY creative funny songs but she’s also quite serious about it so I can’t laugh no matter how cute the lyrics are.)

This morning she was singing about the beach in California. Have she ever been to California? No. I think she’s been watching too much Disney Channel.

I’m thinking maybe this summer when they are out of school we could try some lessons.

We have my childhood upright Wurlitzer piano but neither of them really seem interested in it at all. I took lessons off and on for a few years but I never really had that innate talent for it. My niece, however, is a senior at Northwestern and is incredibly musically talented. She plays the French Horn.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Girls With Guitars =-.

3. Linda Sullivan says:

I believe that talent should be nurtured as early as possible. For one thing, it is only by constant practice and repetition can one expect to perfect a skill one is capable of doing. For another, it is really helpful to our youngsters if we show them how much we support them and root for them in things that they want to do.

4. lifeinapinkfibro says:

Mr6 and I do guitar lessons together – it’s sooooo much fun. We can both now play Mary had a Little Lamb, and I can also do Smoke on the Water. I really recommend it. I told him we’d try it for one term and if he wanted to continue he could, but that I was going to keep going anyway. He’s incredibly enthusiastic! We practice three or four times a week, just for short bursts. He can read four notes, knows his crotchets from his minims and I’m SO proud of him. But maybe you got that… 🙂

As for the rider… you should see MINE!
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..It’s Scrabble and it’s personal =-.

5. Stacia says:

She must add “only pink M&Ms” to her rider … to match her guitar and wardrobe, of course. (I started music lessons when I was only a little bit older than she is, and I loved it. It definitely seems worth a try … especially in your neck of the musical woods!)
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Facing the Music =-.

Well she now is the proud owner of a silver acoustic guitar courtesy of my mom. She sat on the front porch last night and “played” and sang her heart out. She LOVES it. I’m surprised she didn’t sleep with the guitar last night.