Heaven Will Have TJ Maxx, I’m Certain

TJ Maxx Collage

My mother-in-law gave me a $50 gift card to TJ Maxx, which I used to frequent weekly when hubby and I were DINKS (Dual Income No Kids). Now I just don’t go as often but there was a time when my husband knew that on Thursdays (when our local TJ Maxx got in their weekly big shipment of merchandise) that he could call me between 5 and 6 p.m. and I’d be wandering aimlessly in TJ Maxx.

I’m probably going to admit what a loser I am when I tell you that I spent well over an hour looking around by myself and it was pure bliss. I even took photographs of things I liked I’m such a great blogger dork. God Help Me if it had been TJ Maxx Home Goods store. I probably would have killed three hours and been escorted out like some creepy stalker Internet weirdo. Unfortunately I have a fluorescent lighting store dressing room handicap when it comes to photography and I had a tough time capturing the cute. Psssst those little square Paris plates were only $2.99!

I ended up buying three really great tops with my gift card (with a $1.50 left on it…SCORE!) I bought the fuchsia ruffled top in the upper left corner, the purple Willi Smith sleeveless top in the center right, and a cute Willi Smith wrap black jersey knit top with a fun inset cream ruffled top that is smokin’ cute. I am really bordering on a Stacy and Clinton intervention since I tend to wear black boots, jeans, and some variation of a black cardigan or a solid t-shirt from Old Navy to work, the grocery, EVERYWHERE. My office is so casual that I could pretty much wear anything as long as I don’ t show up naked. So I tried to pick out things with a little more flair and sexay than usual.

Any way, the girls are at our parents for 48 hours and now I’ve got some cute new clothes to flaunt for my hubby (and for myself…yea).

Now I’m going to play my George Michael super model anthem for the evening while I unload our new dishwasher and hubby goes to the liquor store. This is married suburban soccer mom excitement in FULL FORCE.

1. amie says:

Love Marshalls the same way- the Tj Maxx Home goods sounds like a dream come true- we don’t have that here in boondocks. I wear the same uniform as you – the suburban mom uniform apparently- but it is tres chic if it is all black right? Thats what I tell myslef when i look in my 90% black closet everyday. We own our own business so I wear jeans, clogs, tees or sweaters & in summer I wear flipflops everyday. So love my job! Happy New Year!

2. amy2boys says:

You look so cute! I NEVER can find clothes in there, and this year believe you me, I’ve tried. I found a great pair of shoes at TJ’s counter-part Marshall’s, but that’s it. I do love the Home Goods side though – I find stuff there.

I LOVE this song!! So fun.
    .-= amy2boys´s last blog ..Photo Management – 10 Best Tips Please =-.

3. Jamie says:

I wish my photos had turned out better. I tried to find the icky dressing room flash mode on my new point and shoot camera but couldn’t find it. 😉 I kept waiting for a manager to ask me what I was doing and then I was going to hit them with the “I’m a blogger!” thing and then they’d give me a $200 gift card on the spot and then I’d become the national spokesperson for TJ Maxx. Yeah…that’s a fantasy. But they should totally do that. Ahem.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Heaven Will Have TJ Maxx, I

4. Mary says:

Ha! I remember that video! Loved it! Your camera looks snazzy too. Is it a coolpix? Sounds like you had a nice holiday despite the appliance and car breakdowns.
    Glad I found your site!

5. Ashley says:

I adore those plates! Man, I would have totally had them. I really like that fuchsia top as well, but it would probably look hideous on me! Glad you had a great shopping trip!

6. Margie says:

My daughter gave me a lemon seed scone mix for Christmas. She purchased it at TJMax, and it was delicious! I’ll have to go check out their foods section.

7. Katie says:

I totally understand the bliss of shopping w/o children—its amazing what a little alone time in a fun shop can to do to our souls. LOL

I love your tops! 🙂
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..White Christmas =-.

8. WorkingMom says:

LOVE the pink top! and LOVE TJ Maxx (... and Marshall’s … and Home Goods; funny how they’re parts of the same mothership, er, I mean, company!). We have one in the same shopping plaza as our local grocery store, so the husbands know that every trip for milk and bread WILL take no less than 2 hours.

On the same note, we almost had a brawl at our Yankee Swap over… you guessed it, a TJ Maxx gift card!
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..You Can

9. Trina says:

Oh how I remember the days of being able to aimlessly wander through TJ Maxx. I think it has been over a year since I have been to one. I do miss it. It just isn’t the same when you have a five year old asking, “can we go now” and an infant screaming. Now shopping is get in and get out as quick as possible.

10. Susan says:

I really love those plates but can’t find them in my TJMaxx. Can you buy chance tell me if there’s a name on the back so I can try and find them online. Thanks!