Chicken In A Basket, Egg In The Hole, Pig In A Blanket, WHATEVER

Pioneer Woman Cooks

Me with Ree Drummond (look at her purty shiny boots…oh and I bet that is her camera on the table!)

I was so looking forward to meeting Ree (The Pioneer Woman) at her book signing at Davis-Kidd here in Nashville last night. So much so that when it was my turn to have my book signed I had NO idea what to say and… I’m sure you can’t imagine this…started rambling nervously.

“My husband is so excited that I’m cooking from your cookbook (hey that’s an original statement if I ever heard one right there, isn’t it?)... I made the chicken in a basket the other morning for breakfast and he loved it. And it’s just basically toast and an egg…ha ha ha…he loved it!”

Ree was so sweet. She laughed and said, “oh the Egg-in-the-Hole? I know…it’s sooooo good!”

GAH I got the name of her recipe wrong!

In my defense, however, this tasty bit of breakfast goodness goes by more names than Prince or the artist known as…whatever.

Ree is gracious and lovely in person. I also heart the beautiful t-shirts she gave away. I swear mine makes my boobs look bigger. I’m wearing it today. And I may not take it off until Christmas.

Ree Drummond

What is up with my hand on my hip and my funky let me tell you something girl hand motion (oh LORD I do this ALL THE TIME DON’T I?)

Pioneer Woman Christmas

Ree and I in our annual Christmas card…you know…if we were real life BFFs.

I had great fun meeting up for dinner with Amy from Milkbreath and Margaritas, Kaye from Grandmother’s House, Brigid at Brigid Day, and Shab from No TodoYago before the book signing. At Davis-Kidd we saw Jessica from Vanderbilt Wife, Kelly from Faithful Provisions and Leisa A. Hammett who is signing her beautiful new book this Saturday at the Highway 100 Starbucks in Bellevue.

I meant to tell Ree to try The Loveless for breakfast and that Nashville is NOT normally the Windy City of the South.

p.s. Because Ree is an absolute sweetheart of a person she will sign her beautiful cookbook even if she doesn’t make it to your fair city for one of her book signings! Just mail her your copy…details at the end of this post.

1. Rebecca says:

I laughed when I saw the second picture (and this was before I read your comment on it) because even though I only know you a little, I have seen you do that. But, I think it’s great. Tell it, girl.
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..8:30 is nothing =-.

Rebecca it’s kind of like disliking your voice and then hearing an audio file of yourself speaking and thinking UGH! 😉 It just confirms it!

3. amie palenchar says:

Love love love Pioneer Woman & her book & her blog. Love love love you too. Once when my son was a toddler he was enthusiastically waving his hands around while talking. My friend was there & I turned to her & said where on earth does he get that form? She cracked up laughing as apparently unbeknownst to me , I do it ALL the time.

4. Jamie says:

Jo-Lynne, the Davis-Kidd here gave out tickets for the book signing when you purchased your cookbook. I went about 3 weeks ago to buy my book and got a ticket for group 3. Each group had 25 people in it. It was very well organized. I’m not sure how long people waited who were in the last groups but the signing started at 7 (she didn’t really speak, but just said hello and said she’d be happy to answer any questions). I was out of there right before 8! So it was very well organized. There was also a book store rep there who went around and wrote your name on a Post It note so Ree would know right away how to spell your name.

I would find out the protocol for the signing at your area store.

Good luck!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Chicken In A Basket, Egg In The Hole, Pig In A Blanket, WHATEVER =-.

5. Leighann says:

Were you all dorky and like “Um, I have a blog, too.”? I would have been! Not that she would have cared or anything, lol!

(Oh, and I wasn’t calling you dorky…just saying that I might have been.)
    .-= Leighann´s last blog .."Hot Tamale" is Right! =-.

6. Brigid says:

You DO totally do that with your hands. But I can’t talk, in my photo with her I have my 12 inch fingers spread out in a way that looks like some giant hand from the unknown is about to strangle me, except it’s my hand. And that’s what I do when I’m nervous. Oh, and say things like “When you have people out to the ranch who can’t cook, I’m your girl.” Yeah, I’m cool like that.
    .-= Brigid´s last blog ..What? =-.

7. Katie says:

I dunno why, but my computer opened your blog to this post so of course I had to read it—you are so funny! I was cracking up w/ your hand motion and I also love your Xmas card! Hee hee 🙂

I’m glad you had a fun time!
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Christmas Cards =-.