Scar Your Kids For Life This Halloween

My girls have been talking about Halloween for months now, or  just weeks really. It just seems like months.

I’m a little sad because after two years of shimmery ethereal costumes this is the first year Miss C wants to be genuinely ghoulish. She picked out a fairly hideous skull mask at the dollar store and a skeleton costume on eBay. Buh bye snow princess and cute as a button Tinker Belle with the glittery up do.

SOB.

Miss A has jumped on the dark and brooding side of Halloween as well and picked out a bat girl costume, not to be confused with THE Bat Girl.

I’ve been looking for costumes online and found a few I thought were pretty hilarious. I mean to me. Not to the poor kid wearing them.

Ruin your son’s chances of ever finding a prom date!  Just a hint…any costume for boys that requires booties? So not cool. Unless, you know, they’re 3 years old. Jazz hands optional.

Elf Costume

Forever known as weiner boy.

Hot Dog Costume

And for the rest of her life little Betsy associated farting with Halloween. She could never figure it out.

woopie cushion costume

Mommy please don’t leave me on the floor at Logan’s Roadhouse!

Peanut Costume

Then again, when kids get older the costume choices get really inappropriate. These are all better than encouraging your son to be a pimp or your daughter to be on the slippery slope to sluttiness thanks to Bratz licensed costumes. Or what about a teenage wench? GAH.

So what are your kids dressing up as for Halloween?

1. AnnMarie says:

My 11 yo daughtr is going to be a Hersheys Kiss, she loves chocolate. 9 yo son is going to be a Skeleton. Into the scary stuff now. 13 yo & friend talking about being “celebritities”. Which probably means blue eyeshadow, blush, & lipstick. She’ll just look like a hooker, as some tween celebrities do.

2. Kel says:

My 7 yr old is going to be SuperGirl (yes, we’ve been batman and spiderman and vampires in the past) and the baby is going to be a butterfly. As for the hoocie costumes for the kids as they get older – have you taken a look at the adult costumes?? OMG - seriously, not all of us want to have a skin tight costume with our butts hanging out the bottom, especially when we are in a mixed adult/kid costume party. (Not to mention, some of us cannot fit into a size 2 costume anymore and a size 10 of the same thing – does not resemble the picture on the package!)

Hum…I wonder if I start now if I could convince my daughters ‘homemade’ costumes are cool?! 🙂
    ~K

3. Vanderbilt Wife says:

My hubby and I were at a college campus one Halloween weekend. We found that college girl costumes are just all breeds of skank: skanky cat, skanky maid, skanky pirate, skanky cheerleader…it’s quite interesting.

Libbie is going to be Minnie Mouse. And by that, I mean, someone gave us a little Minnie Mouse dress and we’re going to the fall fest at church.

Jessie
    .-= Vanderbilt Wife´s last blog ..Yawn =-.

4. amy2boys says:

Shark Boy is Commander Fox (of the Star Wars Clone Wars for those of you without sons). And Bear is actually wearing a moderately expensive fuzzy bear suit costume that was Shark’s when he was 3. It makes him look remarkably like an Ewok – those little furry bear-like things from Star Wars. So it works out quite well.
    .-= amy2boys´s last blog ..Little Passports & Curious George =-.

5. WorkingMom says:

The Oldest may be too old to go out this year, but that’s what he said LAST year! The Middle Child and the Baby will be reusing past costumes from the Halloween bin; I think the Middle Child may be some swordbearing ninja, and the Baby will be Winnie the Pooh.
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..The Fair =-.

6. Jennifer says:

Baby Girl wants to be Little Bo Peep and her brother is going to be a sheep. She came up with the idea all by herself, and I, of course, LOVE it. I’ll be so disappointed when she no longer wants to be something cute and I can’t do the whole matching thing with them anymore.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..One Year Ago Today =-.

7. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

All 3 of mine want to be fairies, thanks to Ranbow Magic books. 🙂 Thankfully I was able to find a fairy costume that’s not terribly inappropriate, especially with a leotard and tights underneath. So I bought 3 of the same costume in different sizes, lol. They did each pick out different wings and tiaras though, so they won’t look completely identical!
    .-= Deb – Mom of 3 Girls´s last blog ..

8. Steph. says:

I soooo love that peanut costume! HA! My daughter would only accept either a pirate girl or a super girl costume this year. The pirate girl could NOT have the triangle hat (her words), but a bandana style hat and HAD to have a skirt. My son is a whiz at great costumes. This year, he’s going as Elvis in the white jumpsuit. We’re going to download his Elvis CD (yes, he loves Elvis) to his Ipod and he’ll carry a guitar and play the music as he goes up to houses. I can’t WAIT to scrapbook this one! I love Halloween…
    .-= Steph.´s last blog ..Do You Have a Sign on Your Back? =-.

9. Oh No She DIDN'T says:

So my 4 year old who is also Batgirl, is now snubbing her nose at all the “childish” kiddos who are lame enough to wear anything princessy etc. (Hmmm…wasn’t it only last month that she begged to be Ariel?!) xo
    .-= Oh No She DIDN’T´s last blog ..The End of a Life. =-.

10. jes says:

My daughter and her “boyfriend” (should I mention that she isn’t even 1 yet?) are going to be Raggedy Ann and Andy. Too cute!

11. Jill says:

The four year old in our house is going to be…of all things, Humpty Dumpty! He is obsessed with this rhyme (for the moment), and I have to admit that it is unique…and cute! The two year old is going to be a Jack-O-Lantern. Both costumes were on ebay for $5.00 each plus shipping

12. Star Wars Commander IOS says:

Appreciating the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you
    provide. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information.
    Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google
    account.