Maybe I’ll Bronze Her First Soccer Cleats

Miss C made a goal at her second soccer game of the season, bringing her grand total of two goals so far this early in the season to a number surpassing her entire spring season. It’s so exciting to see her make goals because last year she was starting to get discouraged. She’d drive the ball down the field, but could never quite make it in the goal. Of course hubby and I both gave her the “it doesn’t matter if you score a goal” talk, but she was still getting really frustrated toward the end of last season until she finally made a goal. This year, although she is one of the shorter girls on the team (a trait I always had the honor of holding during all my school years), she’s also one of the fastest.

Three of Miss C’s teammates are from the original team that began playing in the fall of 2006. One of the girl’s moms marveled with me at our first practice at how much older the girls seem now. Then this weekend, because I am prone to bouts of “what happened to my baby” episodes, I was looking at pictures from that fall and found their first team group photo. The girls look so much more grown up. It’s hard for me to believe that in just two short years and five seasons of soccer that Miss C has gone from looking like this little pony tailed 4-year-old:

To this pony-tailed 6-year-old:

1. Rick @ Tiny Prints says:

I’m already looking forward to the triumphs and frustrations of team sports with my son. He’s a couple years off still but I think he’ll enjoy it, he started throwing overhand at about a year so maybe he has talent?;)

Great pictures of your daughter! Glad she’s having some success, it really helps the confidence. In soccer, two goals is super!

Rick

2. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

Hey, we have the exact same style of uniform shirts this year! And Hannah’s is even purple too. 🙂

It’s amazing how much older they look after a couple of years of soccer, isn’t it! Abby’s in her fourth year of playing and I can’t believe how much she’s changed. Oh, and Abby’s never made a goal.

3. Angie says:

What a cutie! I was having those mommy moments this past weekend while working on multiple years of Christmas photos. It’s truly amazing how quickly they grow up in just a couple of short years.

4. Liza's Eyeview says:

Yep .. they grow so fast. Whoever invented photography is one of my heroes – it’s nice to be able to document the “growth” somehow 🙂

Congratulations on making the goal Miss C! Your photo here is beautiful!

Congratulations proud Blonde Soccer Mom 🙂 🙂 🙂

Liza’s Eyeviews last blog post..Fireproof Your Marriage – Part 2

5. Erin says:

I like the purple! It’s really amazing to see what a difference 2 years makes! It always shocks me when I realize the changes between the toddlers and the K-1 graders at church (the change from chubby baby legs to skinny kid legs is one that always gets me…)

Erins last blog post..riro!!

6. Lisa says:

When I looked at the first picture I thought surely that was Miss A. Man, those two look alike! And yes, you need to start putting a brick on her head at night to stop all this growing up stuff!

Lisas last blog post..Sisters

7. Custom Soccer Socks says:

I hope she will keep playing while getting older. The problem is that, most of the time, they stop playing when they become teenagers, which is one of the reasons, soccer isn’t as popular as sports such as football, baseball and basketball.