Obviously Moms Were Not Part of the Focus Group

I saw this cereal at Dollar Tree today. For real, ya’ll!

blueberrymuffintops.jpg

Oh Dollar Tree, how I love thee and your untold treasures and blog fodder that await me. I went looking for goody bags for Miss C’s upcoming birthday party, and found muffin tops.

Muffin top, or dunlap as Oprah calls it, will forever have a different meaning to me now that I’m a mother (and one who has had two c-sections and who experiences a flab-alanche every time she sits down thank you very much). Wearing a bathing suit nearly every day for the past week will do that to you.

p.s. Apparently (and why am I not surprised), someone has launched an online Muffin Top Museum.

1. rachel says:

I saw those just the other day at our Dollar Tree and I was thinking the same thing. You just blogged it faster 🙂 Thanks for the giggle!! Flabalanche 🙂 snort

rachel’s last blog post..The great debate of ‘08 is in your hands

2. Liza's Eyeview says:

LOL! yes, great minds think alike. I placed a link to here. I didn’t know you too had C-sections 🙂

Thanks for that Muffin Huntin’ link. I added that there too 🙂

Your mom is skinnier than my mom so if I don’t watch out my muffin top will be way bigger than yours. It’s in our genes.

Liza’s Eyeview’s last blog post..Do You Know The Muffin Top?

3. Lisa says:

You know a guy named that cereal. Or some dumb blonde with a fabulous flat stomach that has yet to be ruined by child birth…..

Lisa’s last blog post..Vacation

4. Jamie says:

Lisa:

I had a fabulous flat stomach in 1997 right before hubby and I got married.

It’s in there somewhere…I just KNOW IT!

5. Erin says:

I can’t think “muffin-top” any other way either. But I try very hard to not think of this word ever, especially when I look in the mirror. Wow, they actually made a product called muffin-tops. Wouldn’t want stock in that company.

Erin’s last blog post..You know what, Talk Soup….

6. Leeanthro says:

Oh that was funny.

As a mom with 2 c-sections, I too have serious muffin-top action which I like to keep hidden beneath my shirt (at least I try to camouflage it).

I would not buy those muffin tops! Too much of a reminder!

I’m gonna steal “flab-alanche” from you. Oh that’s a good one!

7. hobbies and interests says:

My partner and I stumbled over here different
    website and thought I should check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to exploring your wweb page for a second time.