The Fine Art of Being an Airhead

Updated to add: They just called AGAIN. GD Earl does not live here people! Earl, you must owe some people in Twin, Cities, Minnesota money.They said they’d take you “off their list,” though. Whatever. Effin’ Earl. Sorry. Had to vent a bit. Plus the hubby has changed our home phone ring to “Old McDonald” and it’s about to drive me insane.

The phone rings and I glance at the caller ID. Seeing that it is the same unknown person in Minnesota who keeps calling the house every day and not leaving a message on our answering machine, I do the mature thing and ignore it. The hubby answers it and it’s a wrong number. Someone calling for Hank or Earl or some such. I comment to the hubby that they will hopefully quit calling our house.

Me: “I knew it wasn’t T, because he would leave a message and he’s the only person we know who lives in Minnesota.”

Hubby: “T lives in Wisconsin.”

Me: “Ohhhhh. You’re right.”

1. Richie Ann says:

I do stuff like that all the time! I think I gave my kids my brain cells while they were in the womb and they didn’t leave many left, just enough to breastfeed and make PBJs.

2. Southern Mom says:

Really, you are perfectly normal in my world! Take that how you want, but it’s meant as a compliment! 🙂

3. mamatulip says:

I do the same thing if it’s a number I don’t recognize and it drives Dave BONKERS. I just tell him I’m getting our money’s worth for the caller ID.

Oh, and? You always have the best post titles.

mamatulip’s last blog post..About today

4. Bluegrass Mama says:

Heck, people in Wisconsin and Minnesota probably make the same mistake with Kentucky & Tennessee, right?

Bluegrass Mama’s last blog post..Updated!

5. Loralee says:

I imagine the Dakotas get confused all the time as well.

Loralee’s last blog post..Sideblog:I wish that I could say this foulness surprised me.

6. Jill says:

How annoying. I once had a cell phone number that previously belonged to some wayward white-collar criminal from the Home Depot Corporate office. I received some very interesting calls and voice mails.

Jill’s last blog post..Meme Time